• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

NCCCO Re-certification time

catkicker

Occupation
Crane Operator
UGH! It's that time again, went to class last week and got all the new revised study material. Tests are this Saturday.
Something that concerned me and why this did not get my attention before is beyond me. It is regarding (ASME B30.5-2007) 5-1.7.1 Rope design factors.
My understanding of this is, even if my 4 parts of line gives me 67,200Lbs. The gross weight of a load even though it's within my capacity I could
be in trouble with design factor minimums.

design factor for running ropes SHALL not be less then 3.5 (rotation resistant 5 or greater)

design factor calculation
total minimum breaking strength of all ropes in system divided by load imposed on rope system when supporting static weights.

Last edited: