• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My scratch built RC's

cubanator

The only dates that I know for sure about is the ATHS show at the Duncan Forest Discovery Center(museum) on July 12-13. I think there will be about 6 of us there on the Saturday with our toys. It should be a lot of fun.

Added to my calendar! Hope to see you guys there.

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
I started working on this yesterday. I am using a Tamiya 1/14 semi chassis and running gear so that part of the build won't be very scale looking but I hope to make up for that with the body. My plan is to build a late 50's style Hayes HD dump truck.
IMG_3334.jpg
IMG_3335.jpg
IMG_3336.jpg
IMG_3348.jpg
IMG_3349.jpg

Reg

RCP57

Occupation
For anyone that is interested there is an antique truck show coming up in Duncan BC on July 12-13. The show is put on by the Vancouver island chapter of the ATHS and this year will be held at the Forest Discovery Center. A few of us RC guys will be putting on a demonstration at the show with our remote control logging and construction equipment. I hope to see some of you there!

Reg

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Reg you do the best work I have seen Love your 850 KW. Wife's uncle work for them years ago. Got a picture of him beside a Pacific.

Hank R

Labparamour

RCP57 and Dirty4Fun., great meeting you both today. Impressive display of equipment: full scale and miniature!
Reg, again, I'm amazed at the detail and functionality of your models. It would be fun to build one , but I have so much going now I should probably change my moniker to King of Incomplete! (Apologies to koo).Have fun tomorrow and stay cool.
Dirty4Fun, safe travels as you head home.

Darryl

dirty4fun

Darryl,

Enjoyed meeting you and getting to operate my second Hayes truck. I could not believe all the detail and hard work that RCP57 puts into his models. Would of much rather stayed there as so much more to see but felt I had to get back to finish the jobs I have. I will return and enjoy it all the more next time.

RCP57

Occupation
Darryl, it was great to meet you. Thank you very much for making the trip up and introducing yourself! I hope that you continue to follow along here and eventually get the miniature equipment bug!

Jim! It was great hanging out with you! I hope that you can make it back here someday for another visit. We'll keep in touch!

I got the finishing touches on the outside of the little M&B HD yesterday.
IMG_3961.jpg
IMG_3962.jpg
IMG_3963.jpg
IMG_3964.jpg
IMG_3965.jpg

Reg

RCP57

Occupation
Here's another project that I started after the show. I'm trying to build a 1/14 scale Kenworth T880 cab out of aluminum. It needs a lot of work yet but I will get it done eventually.

IMG_3911.jpg
IMG_3967.jpg
IMG_3970.jpg

dirty4fun

Reg, one way or another I will be back out there, got to see my new friends. Silly me I should of spent more time there, the building that I came back to finish has still been held up getting permits. It is hard for me to take it easy when people are waiting for me to build or repair things on there house. I still have a two month back log of work, if not another job comes in.

Wow what a great start on the Kenworth, Reg you have a gift to be able to do that. Hope it continues and is profitable and still enjoyable for a long time to come. The decals on the Hayes gave it the final touch of excellence.

Labparamour

Great job on the M&B---and I see the mirrors and sideboards are still on after the show!
I'm always impressed with your work. It was great seeing it up close. Miniatures for me? Maybe, and almost certainly if I keep following your posts.
I think this winter will be working on my TIG skills.
At least with the larger stuff I can use a big hammer.
I really need to make a point of planning more time to visit the island...so much to see.
Darryl