• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My old Case 530 Roosa Master pump

harleyboy1

My old Case 530 was my Grandfather's. I've owned since his passing in 1989. The tractor has always started and run flawlessly for all these years. After sitting for about a month, went to start and started up for a few seconds and quit. After checking all filters and screen filter in top of pump all found clean and flowing fuel. Then checked returned fuel line, all clear.
When cranking found NO fuel coming from pump banjo lines. My pump number is DBGFCC431-30JA. Any suggestions will be grateful.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS.. THAT will get the air out of the system.. & you'll be able to SEE if its pumping..

harleyboy1

Loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS.. THAT will get the air out of the system.. & you'll be able to SEE if its pumping..
The lines at the injectors are rusted solid between line going through nut. Have soaked down with Blaster but no luck yet.

Last edited:

DIYDAVE

Pulled top cover off and found very small black pieces (like coffee grounds) laying in bottom.

Aah yes, the dreaded carbon impeller brushes rotted out. If its like the RM that allis used, there is a work-around. Install a electric fuel pump in the input line, from the last filter, to the input of the pump. This will pump diesel, from the filter, through the impeller pump, into the injector pump...

Er ah, you did check fer fuel, in the tank, dintcha?;)

thepumpguysc

Occupation
The "flex-ring has deteriorated.. time to rip it apart.. no other way around it..
IF you wait to long.. you wont be able to control the engine rpms..
but then again, you cant get it started..
If you want me to do it, just ask..

harleyboy1

The "flex-ring has deteriorated.. time to rip it apart.. no other way around it..
IF you wait to long.. you wont be able to control the engine rpms..
but then again, you cant get it started..
If you want me to do it, just ask..
Would this rebuild be possible doing it myself ? Just figured out to send these pictures from yesterday.Roosa Master 001.JPG Roosa Master 003.JPG

thepumpguysc

Occupation
I don't know your mechanical ability..
I see where you've been scopein' out old threads where I walked guys thru rebuilds..[2015]
If you can follow those posts, sure.. go for it..

thepumpguysc

Occupation
If you have a fuel inj. shop close by.. it'll save the shipping cost & wait time.
Otherwise ebay is a good option.. some w/ free shipping & no tax.. always good to save a few bucks.

rodcap

Occupation
Retired Ag. & Heavy Eqip. Tech.
You can bypass the Check Fitting(just below fitting #5) by removing it, to operate the engine temporarily.

Take it off, send it to TPG or someone that does these regularly, let them look it ALL over internally and repair it where will last a good long time, you will not regret the money spent if you do not have to do it twice or three times as so many I know have.
I'd also add, replace the injectors while you're at it. Also, the Check Fitting will need to be replace.

mvphoto3629.gif

When the Flex Ring(#22) comes apart, it plugs the Check Fitting.

t53760_________un01jan94.png

LPw1v5Km.jpg

Last edited:

harleyboy1

You can bypass the Check Fitting(just below fitting #5) by removing it, to operate the engine temporarily.

I'd also add, replace the injectors while you're at it. Also, the Check Fitting will need to be replace.

mvphoto3629.gif

When the Flex Ring(#22) comes apart, it plugs the Check Fitting.

t53760_________un01jan94.png

LPw1v5Km.jpg