• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My okada hammer is not working wtf

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
My okada 312B has served us well for quite sometime and has been reliable, so much so that when a good friend asked to borrow it because his Kent blew the seals I had no reservations about loaning it to him, however it will not work he says that one line gets hard and even with the other line cracked at the hammer there is no fluid coming out....... Wtf could be stopping the fluid from flowing thru the hammer ?

Thanks Pj

lantraxco

His couplers are probably reversed from yours? Trying to push oil backwards through the hammer? Just a guess.

powerjoke

Occupation
First thought too however it Does same thing either direction.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
It might not 'relief' until it completes a stroke... has he tried it 'connections both ways' with something for it to hit?

One other thought... why did his blow? might want to check pressure feeding his aux lines.

Ps. our hammer is a kent but I believe they operate similarly... when it comes to cycling fluid.

Last edited:

powerjoke

Occupation
It might not 'relief' until it completes a stroke... has he tried it 'connections both ways' with something for it to hit?

yes sir

One other thought... why did his blow? might want to check pressure feeding his aux lines.

my thoughts too, I was even venturing a guess his return line was plugged and causing, however by cracking line at the hammer eliminated that possibility right?

Ps. our hammer is a kent but I believe they operate similarly... when it comes to cycling fluid.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
It's time to get the gauges out me thinks and do some testing. It maybe your mates machine hasn't got the pressure to drive the hammer but has enough to stiffen the hoses. With out running some tests you're only guessing, wasting time and chewing $ IMHO.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Have you checked the nitrogen pressure? If the accumulator is flat the hammer will only hit once.

powerjoke

Occupation
Ok so here's an update, I still haven't out my eyes on the breaker yet however he called a guy to rebuild his as well as look at mine. He said there was absolutely no nitrogen in it and when they pulled the plug oil ran out of the accumulator...... just a bad diaphragm right ?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I don't know if yours has a diaphragm or piston type accumulator. That is about par for these things.