• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My new to me...tired playtoys

PEVO

A 1979ish bobcat 743...smokes...lots of blowby...will get motor rebuilt eventually(few months)
2nd 1987 cat D4H 9500 hours. UC about 75% gone. But starts right up! no blue smoke. Trannys good, brakes right and left good. Lots of neglect for previous owner (rode hard) Have no clue if engine has been remaned or tranny either. I take my time working either one and not abuse them...like i said they are tired. Plan on clearing about 20 acres mesquite and reshape and maintain waterway. No timeline.. just when i get time and want to play. These are not money makers...so i can afford to work em when ever i choose. Im kicking around...of all things adding a backup type camera to work the rippers. Ill need to mount a 7in screen somewhere so i can see whats going on back there when i want to rip chit up. Cant even see them from where i sit now.

Also Plan to add more brush protection on the dozer...screens etc. Mesquite trees have a nasty habit of wanting to reach in and impale you...or other wise knock the chit out of you. Some ppl think im crazy..."why not just hire a contractor and get it done right and right a way?" ...they ask, well yes thats cheaper in the short term...but wheres the fun it that? like paying rent...that monies gone. As long as i dont have a catastrophic failure with the cat (engine or tranny)...i still have that money vested in that equipment. And so in just a few years the mesquites will find a way to come back and the creek(ditch) is always silting in and eroding. I can fix this when ever i feel like it...and not pay some one again to maintain the property. :)

Picked the easy part of waterway to learn the ways of the CAT. plus i never run a PAT blade before.

Lastly...i always wanted a dozer...if not just to play on. I have no desire for a shiny new truck or car. Just a CAT i can play on.
20180828_075731[1].jpg 20180826_122102[1].jpg 20180809_081219[1].jpg 20180826_122223[1].jpg