1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

My new 2013 cat d6k2 with trimble gcs900

Discussion in 'GPS Systems' started by ncdodgeman20, Jun 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ncdodgeman20

ncdodgeman20 New Member

hello everyone I just purchased a 2013 cat d6k2 with the trimble gcs900 and the cb460 monitor and there is a radio on top of the cab. I know nothing about gps systems so my question is what do I need to get this system working for just 2d jobs and level pads i was told trough cat i need to buy a base station and rover as well the dozer already has the receivers on the blade and when i turn the system on inside the cab it just says gps signal low? Any help would greatly be appreciated thanks

Attached Files:

2. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Welcome to the Forums ncd!

From my little knowledge of GPS you will need a base station in order to triangulate the GPS signal. Other members on here are far more knowledgable than I.