• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My first John Deere all my own

skyking1

My sister sold her acreage, my other sister is in the process so the X310 has found it's way home to me.
PXL-20220925-005041215.jpg

We stopped by the dealer that had sold and serviced it, and the guy at the parts desk said it was a good model with few problems.
I brought home a raft of other family stuff. One of the treasures was this toolbox that my dad made for a high school play prop in 1967. He built it good enough that my brother has used it the last 55 years. That paint is original from the school play.
PXL-20220925-005135536.jpg

colson04

Nice tractor!

I've got an x320 I bought new in 2012 that has about 300 hours on it now. No bagger, but I have the 48" deck and 44" snowblower. The tractor has been pretty flawless over the last 10 years. The fuel tank vent check valve seized a couple years ago, causing it to stall while running, but that's all I've replaced. The Kawasaki v-twin has been a very dependable engine, all year long at any temperature. I'm about to put 4 new tires on it as they are originals and the sidewalls are starting to crack. One seeps air out these cracks.

skyking1

how is the snow blower? I really doubt I'll need it, but it is good to know about. I am thinking a push blade would be sufficient.

colson04

The 44 Snowblower works great. Our driveway is about 550ft, uphill from road to our house. I add (2) 45# weights to back of tractor, chain up the rear tires and away we go.

When we built our house, we thought it would be an issue to clear our driveway with this setup, but that little tractor with the blower has no issues at all. Dry snow, wet snow, deep snow, thin snow, it doesn't matter. I can blow a path going downhill, turn around, and blow a path going right back up with no issues. My wife loves it. The thought of using s plow bothers her, but she'll snowblow whenever the driveway needs it.

skyking1

Yes that looks like a good unit, a two stage setup that moves the snow to a high velocity blower to send it out.
That thing has great lift, I vacced up the dry lawn stuff and made a heck of a dusty mess but I had to do it. I cleaned that massive dry grass deposit you see in the picture off the deck when I got done. To be fair, not everyone has a 240V 6 HP air compressor and a 3' long commando blow gun at their disposal. :)
I will get one more mowing and then service it and put it away. It has 211 hours on it, just now time for the 200 hour with transmission service. It is a 2013, by serial number range. The power steering is effortless.
My wife made herself about ill whipping it around the yard.