• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My CATERPILLAR scale model collection

Kwabbus

NEWS FLASH! Modelshow Europe 2014

We had a great Modelshow Europe 2014. I hope you where able to visit this event too. If not...
The first 60+ photos can be seen on www.minimovers.nl

Wouter

ps: Still busy adding more photos and information today and tomorrow.

7a6c84b93b963b04142fe1ae282e00c3-Modelshow%20Europe%202014_Thomas%20Wilk_TCC_c%207483.jpg

Kwabbus

UPDATE! The making of...Caterpillar 527 Tracked Skidder

Custom scale model builder Ad Gevers shows you one of his latest projects: Building a Caterpillar 527 Tracked Skidder by using the resin Kit from CYPmodels in 1:50th scale.

Today I added an update of this "The making of...Caterpillar 527". This episode shows you how Ad Gevers takes the Winch and Grapple in hand and makes some adjustments at some points and improves to end up as accurate as possible.
You will be amazed with the high standards he sets!

Follow the complete story? Then check out frequently the "Making of..." Caterpillar 527 Tracked Skidder to discover how gradually it will turnout into the making of a unique handmade scale model.

Enjoy reading & watching!

Ad and Wouter

b1413448d4b27735685fd84a629919f9-Caterpillar_527_Makingof%20(51).jpg

Kwabbus

MODEL REVIEW! Caterpillar 583 D&RGW [Overland 1:50]

MODEL REVIEW! Caterpillar 583 D&RGW [Overland 1:50]

Today there is added an model review of the Caterpillar 583 D&RGW from Overland in 1:50th scale.

Curious? Enjoy all pictures on: Caterpillar 583 D&RGW

Thanks, Wouter

(ps: Both versions are now on the website)

cfb9eae5f4a7c40db62e8f0b765455d6-Caterpillar_583_D&RGW_Overland_Twitter.JPG

Kwabbus

MODEL REVIEW! DJB D350 Articulated Dump Truck [CypModels 1:50]

MODEL REVIEW! DJB D350 Articulated Dump Truck [CypModels 1:50]

Today there is added an model review of the DJB D350 Articulated Dump Truck from CypModels in 1:50th scale.

Curious? Enjoy all pictures on: DJB D350 Articulated Dump Truck

Thanks, Wouter

6a9bd21a2e16298697c2cd27c55a19ee-DJB%20D350_CypModels%20(30).jpg

Kwabbus

SPOTLIGHT! Mini Movers "Making of..."

In the "making of ..." or "behind the scenes" we will show you how unique "one of a kind" custom and small series scale models are being created.

Each builder leads us through his construction process with photos and little notes so you will see gradually how a prototype or a completely scratch built "one of a kind" custom scale model will be achieved.

As of today, this information of the "Making of..." is anytime and directly accessible to you.

It is you the choice!

0031c32d2552b2f78193f72c2951a2cd-Making%20of%20(10).jpg

trakindoman

My CATERPILLAR scale model collection

I have started to take pictures and write small reviews from all my CATERPILLAR scalemodels and put them on the Dutch BMF, short for "Bouw Machine Forum".

If you are interested? Just click on the link:

My CATERPILLAR Scale models

Each time when I have post a new model I will place a single shot on this forum and give you the oppertunity to have a peek.

CATERPILLAR D9N Track-Type Tractor [NZG 1:50]

Enjoy watching! :)

http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewt...06&p=416302

Wouter

hello
could you please post the details of link gp - stabilizer behind the blade?
i lost mine and need to rebuild the parts, but has no clear pics.

thanks in advance

Kwabbus

UPDATE! The making of...a Caterpillar D10T with Push Blade

UPDATE! The making of...a Caterpillar D10T with Push Blade

Custom scale model builder Gertjan Veld has recently started his next project of building a Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor with Push Blade by using the Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor from Norscot in 1:50th scale.

Today I added the third update of this "The making of... a Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor with Push Blade". This episode shows you how Gertjan Veld takes the original scale model from Norscot and both kits in hand and makes some major adjustments at some points and improves to end up as accurate as possible. You will be amazed with the high standards he sets!

It is our goal for the coming period in the "Making of...a Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor with Push Blade" to show you how this custom model will be achieved.

Gertjan will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to keep us informed of his progress. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the Caterpillar D10T Track-Type Tractor with Push Blade.

Gertjan and Wouter

Kwabbus

UPDATE! The making of ...a DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer 20141225

UPDATE! The making of ...a DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer

Custom scale model builder Ciprian Ursulescu from CypModels shows you one of his latest projects with the developing and building in 1:48th scale of the:

DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer

Today I added an the last update of this "The making of...". This episode shows you the end result with the photos of the scale model"in two versions.

Interested in the complete story?
Then check out the "Making of... DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer" to discover how gradually it did turnout into the making of a unique custom made scalemodel of the DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer.

Ciprian and Wouter

Kwabbus

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader [Custom 1:48]

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader [Custom 1:48]

This Christmas weekend I visited one of my best friends and fellow Caterpillar scale model collectors and took home the latest addition in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader

The Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader is a "one of a kind" custom scale model. Ad used for this project a "spare" Caterpillar 272C Skid Steer Loader which has been released by Classic Construction Models in a limited edition of only 200 pieces.
The model is hand crafted from brass in 1:48th scale.

He modified the Wheeled Skid Steer Loader version into a Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader version and added (as he always does -)) tons of extra details including a scratch built Caterpillar BR172 Brushcutter.
As you can see it turned into a true masterpiece and a very valuable and unique addition to my Caterpillar collection!

Curious to see how this model is made then check out "The Making of...Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader" and see how Ad created for me this one of a kind custom model of the Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader.

Wouter

Kwabbus

NEWS FLASH! Tonkin Replicas Spielwarenmesse 2015

Tonkin Replicas was this year for the second time present with a stand at the International Toy Fair aka Spielwarenmesse from January 28 to February 2, 2015, in Nuremberg.

Friend, Caterpillar scale model collector and professional photographer Thomas Wilk was willing to make, so that those who, like me, were not able to visit the Toy Fair live, an Exclusive Caterpillar photo report in the Tonkin Replicas Booth so we can taste the atmosphere and get a glimps of all the beauty that awaits us in 2015.

Curious? Click on the photo!

Kwabbus

NEWS FLASH! Caterpillar S-D8LGP Dozer

Ad Gevers is a Dutch custom Caterpillar scalemodel builder. His main focus are Track-Type Tractors and Scrapers.

Ad Gevers, like many of us always trying to gather background information and photos about the scale models in his collection or to pick up ideas for new his custom projects. You understand that this collecting after many years has become a a comprehensive and certainly unique photo archive.

Besides his greatest passion: the Caterpillar D9 Track-Type Tractor, he is also fascinated by the unique Caterpillar S-D8LGP Dozer and to share this worldwide with all Caterpillar fans he has launched a Community which under the name "Caterpillar S-D8lgp Dozer on Snow and Ice" on Facebook can be found.

Warmly(!) recommended!

Caterpillar_S-D8LGP_Machine (10).jpg

Last edited:

Kwabbus

NEWS FLASH! Caterpillar DD9H Collin Ripper [Black Rat Model Collection]

Saturday, March 21, 2015 the 24st Modelshow Europe was held in the flowerauction "Plantion" nearby the city Ede in the Netherlands.

On this special exhibition one could see all kinds of miniatures and model construction projects in the field of earthmoving, cranes and heavy transport. This Modelshow Europe exhibition is unique by its grand design and the only one in Europe.
Many collectors and builders showed on the Modelshow Europe their (rebuilt and/or radio controlled) models. Also a wide range of miniatures and related components where offered for sale.

Friend and Caterpillar scale model collector Bruce R., better known as the man behind the Black Rat Model Collection was present and brought with him for all the Caterpillar enthusiasts a huge surprise: a unique hand built scale model of the Caterpillar DD9H with Collin Ripper in 1:50th scale.

I am very pleased that I got the permission for an exclusive series of photographs of this "one of a kind" masterpiece and share them with you al

Curious for the pictures of the Caterpillar DD9H Collin Ripper? Check out the report of the Modelshow Europe 2015

Kwabbus

The making of...a Caterpillar D25C Water Tanker

The making of...a Caterpillar D25C Water Tanker

Custom scale model builder Gertjan shows you one of his latest projects: Building a Caterpillar D25C Water tanker by using the custom kit from CypModels in 1:50th scale.

Today is the start of this "The making of... a ". Gertjan takes the original kit from CypModels in hand and makes some major adjustments at some points and improves to end up as accurate as possible.

It is our goal for the coming period in the "The making of...Caterpillar D25C Water tanker” to show you how this custom model will be achieved. You will be amazed with the high standards he sets!

Gertjan will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to keep us informed of the building process. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the Caterpillar D25C Water tanker.

Gertjan and Wouter

Kwabbus

The making of...a DJB D35 Articulated Dump Truck

Custom scale model builder Gertjan shows you one of his latest projects: Building a DJB D35 Articulated Dump Truck by using the custom kit from CypModels in 1:50th scale.

Today is the start of this "The making of... a ". Gertjan takes the original kit from CypModels in hand and makes some major adjustments at some points and improves to end up as accurate as possible.

It is our goal for the coming period in the "The making of...DJB D35 Articulated Dump Truck” to show you how this custom model will be achieved. You will be amazed with the high standards he sets!

Gertjan will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to keep us informed of the building process. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the DJB D35 Articulated Dump Truck.

Gertjan and Wouter

Kwabbus

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 16M [CCM 1:48]

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 16M [CCM 1:48]

Last Friday I received from a very good friend in America this latest addition in my collection made by Classic Construction Models (CCM) and today I was able to take it to the photo set:

Caterpillar 16M Motor Grader

This die-cast scale model is made in a limited edition of only 800 pieces in 2015 by CCM in scale 1:48
The scale model is packaged in a deluxe gift box and comes with a signed certificate. I'm the happy collector with in possession #118.

My first impression: Unique hand-built and very complete scale model and a nice addition in my Caterpillar 16M series. More than well worth the wait! This is a must have for every Caterpillar collector.

I will add the complete review with more pictures from the model, machine in 1:1 and background information in the category Motor Graders

Wouter

Kwabbus

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer [Custom 1:50]

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer [Custom 1:50]

This holiday weekend I visited one of my best friends and fellow Caterpillar scale model collectors and took home the latest addition in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer

The Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer is a "one of a kind" custom scale model. Ad used for this project a donor diecast Caterpillar D4 Track-Type Tractor which has been released by NZG in the 1970's in 1:50th scale.

He modified the Track-Type Tractor version into a Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer version and added (as he always does -)) tons of extra details including some scratch built features. But even that was not enough: He made a unique diorama which is a small masterpiece on its own. As you can see it turned into a true museum piece and a very valuable and unique addition to my Caterpillar collection!

Curious to see how this model is made then check out "The Making of...Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer" and see the coming period how Ad created for me this one of a kind custom model of the Caterpillar D4D Pipelayer.

Kwabbus

AVAILABLE NOW! Caterpillar Winch Kit #51 [cADSttachments 1:50]

AVAILABLE NOW! Caterpillar Winch Kit #51 [cADSttachments 1:50]

Under the name cADSttachements appear regularly exclusive small series of KITS that allow you to add a machine variant or a unique work tool to your Caterpillar collection.

Caterpillar Winch Kit #51

Announcent at the Modelshow Europe 2015, in Ede, The Netherlands and now soon available! Pre order your kit today. Do not wait to long they are gone before you know! These are small series limited KITS. So GONE=GONE!

If you want to buy the Caterpillar Winch Kit #51 check: cADSttachements