• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My 977H the Good the Bad the Ugly.

Bob Cowdery

Occupation
SAVING OLE YELLOW/ORANGE IRON
I purchased this machine January 5th. After 2 Towing and Recovery companies. Number 3 came through. April 10th the baby was delivered. Left track was off when i purchased it.
THE GOOD Got it started, Does run, does move back and forth, bucket and boom go up and down as they should, got the track back on and pump up.
THE BAD Recoil springs on both sides shot, won't steer either direction. Undercarriage weak but runnable.
THE UGLY Head issues, will kill the engine when coolant is added. No oil in the crankcase though. I checked that.
Going to pull the engine. Figured to recondition the steering clutches and brakes.
All POSITIVE comments and suggestions encouraged and welcome.
I have a decent budget to restore to working order.
I payed less than scrap value for it, of course scrap is at a record high now but anyway,
Where is the serial number located at.
Also how do you post pictures on here.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Where is the serial number located at.
Take a look at the engine. Can you find a Serial Number on that.? Machines of that era had the same S/N for both the machine and the engine - that is provided the engine is the original.
Also how do you post pictures on here.
see here - https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/how-to-add-pics-to-forum-posts.21903/

Did you get any Parts, Service, etc manuals from the previous owner.?

Ryan Ricard

By chance did you find the serial number? I picked up a 977h, lever steer, and cant find the number anywhere. Im trying to find someone with a photo of the location - maybe mine is buried under layers of paint