• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mustang 2041 injection pump

Thughes

I have a 2010 Mustang 2041 with a Yanmar 4TNV88-BKMS Diesel engine. I inquired this skid steer without an injection pump and I cannot seem to find what pump goes to this machine. Does anyone know what injection pump I need? Or is anyone that owns a skid steer with the Yanmar 4TNV88-BKMS willing to take a picture of the tag on their injection pump for me? This engine is in Gehl also.
Thank you,
Terry H.

Attachments

• 14A62CA8-F313-417B-B310-CA9A5CB41DD4.jpeg
    14A62CA8-F313-417B-B310-CA9A5CB41DD4.jpeg
    810 KB · Views: 15

Thughes

I guess that explains why I got the machine so cheap hopefully someone with a Mustang or Gehl will see this thread!

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Its not gonna be "THAT" difficult.. just call a Yanmar DEALER, just google it & pick any one.. they don't have to be in your area.. your just looking for information.. & give him the info off the tag.. Hoye tractor comes to mind.. AND they have a very good interactive website.. you might be able to find it on your own..??
Engine mdl & serial #, family & fuel rating at "X" rpms & they should be able to get you the info..
Get the pump # & a price & then go searching online..
The REAL PROBLEM is going to be> finding a pump that doesn't require a core..
A "NEW" pump doesn't require one..
BUT a "REMAN or REBUILT" pump will & core charges are a hit in the pocket..
You'll just have to weigh the pro's & con's.. new vs rebuilt..
Good luck..

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
Mustang part number 197838 INJECTION PUMP ASSY (4 CYLINDER -BKMS) around $1400 + freight

thepumpguysc

Occupation
GREAT INFO, apetad..
THAT INFO helped me to flip it to the Yanmar #.. 425-34700
Mustang didn't make the pump but Yanmar did.. it "might be" less expensive & easier to find going straight to the horses mouth?? Good luck.

Thughes

I contacted Yanmar via email and they said I need a 729632-51421 pump. I don’t know if this is the same pump that you guys are talking about just with a different part number? I sent them pictures of the tags on my engine. I hope Yanmar is right because I already ordered it and it should be here Friday! I guess I’ll fine out.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
LOL.. that's what I get for playing on the computer at 4:00 in the morning.. sorry for any confusion.
IF Yanmar says that's what you need.. then.. THATS PROBABY what you need.. especially if they had the tag information..
I BET it cost a pretty penny??

Thughes

Haha i know what you mean, try working at 4am :( Luckily the dealer I found gave me a “deal” at $1328 shipped.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
THATS NOT BAD AT ALL.!!! You "might" have save a hundred if you had shopped, but 1328. SHIPPED is real good.. Hell, I've seen my old shop charge THAT MUCH for a REBUILD.!!! {friggin dirtbag crooks}