• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MULCHER PROBLEM !!!! HELP !!!! Cat 289 with FAE mulcher flow problem.. maybe...

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Check the track frame allinment. There have been problems in the past, take it back to your dealer.

mdr

I think its a great mulcher .... : ( , the problem i have is it throws mulch"not a fine product,but large stringy pieces" 500-600 ft. sometimes.I think maybe its just too "BEASTY" for where i intend to do most of my work. I think this mulcher is quite a-bit more dangerous as far as slinging the ever-living-hell out of debris. Somtimes tooOOO large of tree pieces that should have definitely been mulched....

Todd v.

I have not run an AFE disk mulcher but have demo'd the Diamond and own a diamond brush mower. You need to keep the flywheel spinning, the faster it is spinning, the less likely it is to sling pieces large enough to cover any distance. You also learn what direction is the danger zone and it's normally easy enough to work around hazards when you are able to direct the debris in a safe direction. But yea, it's not a tool to use around houses or people, but it's really productive.

Mar524ak

Occupation
Tech for Caterpillar,Claas,challenger
I know this is an old thread but need little help. Putting a FAE mulcher UML 150 on a Cat 299 skid. This mulcher is off of an Bobcat. The hoses match up but i need the wire harness for it to hook to the Cat 299. Anyone know what i am talking about ?? Thanks guys