1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

MTL Attachments- not a good experience...

Discussion in 'Compact Equipment Attachments' started by Bayrat, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Bayrat

Bayrat Well-Known Member

Dig Safely Field Representative
    Over the past month I have been looking at and comparing heavy duty brush cutters for my track loader. I was narrowing down to three manufactures based upon quality vs price, they are CID/RUT/MTL.

With each of these I reviewed all available information on the manufacturers website, watched scores of video on every brand I could find and finally called a few places for additional information. Every place I communicated with was polite, informative and as helpful as could be. Except MTL! I was ready to purchase their Extreme cutter but desired a bit more information relative to shipping, motor type and manufacturer and a couple other things. Having sent an email using their provided link a few days ago, and not receiving a reply, I decided to call (website says "questions, give us a call".

An individual answered the phone and seemed a bit irked that I had bothered him. I asked a couple of questions and he became quite insulting and rude. So I asked whether he might be the owner, to which he replied "yes". I really did not learn much from him except that they don't build junk (he told me to go someplace else if I wanted junk). I asked him if they stocked parts, he responded by asking me if I though they were some rinkey-dink outfit and proceed to tell me that they make the cutters for all the big, expensive brands such as Blue Diamond etc. Then he told me to go educate myself for a couple of years and I'd know just what I wanted. I thanked him and hung up.

So just for the heck of it I called Blue Diamond and asked them if they knew of an attachment manufacturing company called MTL. The rep said, you know, just a few days ago I heard of them. A customer of ours was trying to reach them and all he could get was an answering machine. He said he was surprised I got through. When I asked if he made their cutters he denied it. Have to say, I believe him.

2. Reuben Frazier

Reuben Frazier Active Member

That’s not good but for what it’s worth I’ve had great success with the Vail X-Series.

3. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

LOL......what an ass!

4. Bayrat

Bayrat Well-Known Member

I agree, what an ass! Also, I'll look at the Vail, had not heard of that one.

5. KyS650

KyS650 Member

I bought a low profile bucket from them last year. Upon receiving bucket, it looked a little small so I measured it. It was 3" shorter than advertised. I called and got the same treatment. I sent them pics proving their inaccurate measurements after I was told I didn't know what I was talking about. Only after I threatened to file grievance and send it back, they offered to refund my shipping cost. Probably won't buy anything else from them ever again.

6. Bayrat

Bayrat Well-Known Member

Isn't that something! Fortunately, I found a video affirming what I suspected, they are terrible about anything after the sale. Look at this, notice the HTL cutter involved in the problematic motor and service issue and listen to the owner. The motor itself is undersized, no wonder he became so upset when I asked what brand motor and size came with the X models.

7. KyS650

KyS650 Member

Wow!

8. mikebramel

mikebramel Senior Member

The one on the left looks like a radial piston motor and the one on the right looks like a Char Lynn esq motor. They both could be similar displacement

9. Bayrat

Bayrat Well-Known Member

You might be correct, I'm no expert. The jest of this though is how the issue was handled by the seller/manufacturer. The Bradco, of course, is a far more expensive cutter.