• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Admin.)

supt

Does anyone on this site currently deal with MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration)? If so I would be interested in hearing you comments regarding recent inspections, personal citations to employees (104 D), and anything else you are willing to offer in how to cope with their new attitude towards the safety and well being of the miner. If any of you are current or past inspectors with MSHA I am certainly interested in what you may have to offer.

rino1494

My father-in-law used to be a MSHA inspector and is currently a OSHA inspector. What would you like to know ??

rangair94

Look out! I think last year at msha trainning they said from 2006 to 2008 citations went up 800 percent. Something crazy like that.

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
sounds like things are going to get worse before they get better

Last edited:

grandpa

Something that gripes me is you can buy a new machine( ie.. plant , conveyor) and request that it is delivered to your site MSHA compliant, the answer is we cant do that. The inspectors at the factory view gaurding and shielding different than the inspector in the field. The first inspector thru your pit see something and wahla your brand new machine is shut down....repairs to bring it into compliance...and then maybe or maybe not a citation. MSHA has a website where you can go online and check mine operators violations and if they have been paid or not. Interesting reading. Im all for safety but I wonder where we are heading........gustapo?

rangair94

An MSHA story. One of the guys I work with said one time when he was at a pit the MSHA inspector showed up. The inspector got out of his truck and put his chock block on the uphill side of his truck tire. These are the guys making and enforcing the regs. :confused: