• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Moves but doesn't

Ratmotorhead

Hello men , I seem to have an issue with my Clark cy500 forklift. If it sits all nite and I start it up in the morning ,it starts fine,but when I put it in forward or reverse it won't move. But if I leave it in neutral and rev it up pretty hard ,I will let it come back down to idle,and it will operate fine all day long.If I shut it off,same deal rev it up ,back to idle ,moves fine. I have removed the inch pedal parts and pluged off that line to eliminate that problem. Could it be that I am losing prime at my suction tube in tranny or hyd tank.it is clean on the screen. Any thoughts?

Delmer

Did plugging the inching pedal fix the issue? Losing prime seems better than any guess I have.

Ratmotorhead

Same results. Once I rev it up hard, it works great,keebit running works fine,lift tilt forward reverse high low good.shut it off ,won't move when I start it again. Rev it hard, back to business