1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mother Nature is showing off

Discussion in 'Agricultural Operations' started by Shimmy1, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Blocker in MS

Blocker in MS Senior Member

We are up to around 10” in the last couple weeks. Anyone that needs any rain let me know. Prices are cheap, just got to make sure the shipping does not get you.

Looks like we are making the news again!

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/officials-dam-mississippi-lake-fail-68279868

There are several more articles about that if anyone wants to google. There are several houses below the dam. It is a shame if she lets go. I feel sorry for the people it will affect.

2. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    We're glad to hear you're not below it.

3. Blocker in MS

Thanks! Maybe it will miss everyone’s house and someone will decide it actually needs to be fixed! That is what I am hoping for. I am thinking it was built as a flood control lake, but have no proof of that. If anyone knows a database of where to look at the old gov. built flood control lakes I would sure like to know.

4. Bumpsteer

Bumpsteer Senior Member

Mechanical designer
    I've seen depression era work program dams that had a plaque on them that gave the info on when/why they were built.

Ed

5. Blocker in MS