• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Morooka mst 2200

sdavies2000

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I recently purchased a 1990 Morooka mst 2200 and have been trying to find information on proper track tensioning. I found an old manual online that indicated the measurement between the center of the idler wheel shaft and the slide holder or yoke should be 435mm plus or minus 5mm but as things wear (idler wheel) that measurement can't be trusted because you're going to have to keep adding grease to the tensioner, extending the idler out. There must be an industry standard measurement for track sag or something that can be used regardless of component wear. I read on a previous Morooka post that lantraxco was the site expert so hoping he sees this!
thanks.

lantraxco

Hey Nige, do you happen to have the file or a link to the latest available CAT literature showing the Duo-Cone dimensions by part number? The copy I have is at least ten years old...