• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

more pics of equipment stuck!

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Oilsands guys...

How often do you sink a piece of equipment like that? Is there any way to use something like a concret vibrator to help "settle" the sands? Just curious. :beatsme

d4c24a

robert knighton/ surfing cat

the cat that went surffing and found out it can't swim had to be a total loss
get stuck, get out and think. and u can find a way out. Keep moving and sink your way to the bottom

no it got rebuilt at levertons ,it was in the uk and owned by stokey plant ,the credit for these pictures should go to robert knighton ,a plant fitter here in the uk ,he has some amazing pictures ,sadly not to be seen now as someone copied and pasted the thread onto another site with no mention of where the pictures came from

the cost of the rebuild was £100.000 it was not stuck it blew a track motor hose at night
cheers graham

9420pullpan

no it got rebuilt at levertons ,it was in the uk and owned by stokey plant ,the credit for these pictures should go to robert knighton ,a plant fitter here in the uk ,he has some amazing pictures ,sadly not to be seen now as someone copied and pasted the thread onto another site with no mention of where the pictures came from

the cost of the rebuild was £100.000 it was not stuck it blew a track motor hose at night
cheers graham

well i have to credit Robert Knighton for the Great pics

thank you

d4c24a

thanks

thanks 9420pullpan i will see if i can entice him onto this site
i have personally seen some of his albums and he has some great pictures :notworthy
thanks for taking the time to post all of these pictures ,i have visited the vastereden site briefly and it looks good well worth a longer look :D
thanks graham

EddieWalker

I've really enjoyed the stuck pictures and wanted to share one of mine. I have a Case 1550 that I use on my land for personal use.

I was filling in a hole from a stump that I'd taken out earlier, and was kind of in a hurry as it was getting dark out. The hole had a bunch of water in it and the dirt was turning to mush as I pushed it in. I was being careful at first, but as I lost daylight, I sort of got carried away.

It took me all the next day to dig out all around it with my backhoe, then a ramp to drive it out.

I waited a month for the ground to dry out before cleaning up the mess.

Eddie

Attachments

• Dozer stuck in mud.  2005.jpg
    Dozer stuck in mud. 2005.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 12,339

JBL

Nice one eddie. :D

I am sure alot of the guys here would enjoy seeing some of your pond building pictures also.

EddieWalker

Funny how I forgot about this stuck picture, but the pond refrence reminded me of it.

I was cleaning out the silt in my small pond with my backhoe and putting it into my dump truck. I had hauled about five or six loads without any trouble.

My mistake was in not realizing that the water coming through my bed was soaking the ground under my tires. With a full load and very slipery clay, the mistake of parking without any barrier behind me became rather obvious.

As luck would have it, my neighbor was in town and happened to drive by on his land right after this happened. He went and got his backhoe, and with the both my backhoe and his, we pulled it out real easy in about ten minutes.

I drained the water out of the axle and replaced it with new oil. While doing that, I noticed that my U-bolts were loose, and so badly rusted that they wouldn't tighten up. I cut them off and replaced them with brand new ones, which I might not have noticed if I hadn't have taken it swimming!!!

Eddie

Attachments

• Bottom of my dump truck has been eaten by my pond!!!!.jpg
    Bottom of my dump truck has been eaten by my pond!!!!.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 8,728
  • Truck and BH viewed across the pond.jpg
    Truck and BH viewed across the pond.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 8,728

MMSOCAL

Occupation
Excavator Operator 375b,ex1100me, 5130
here you go

:usaNot all operators are qualified to work in silt pond. _Back story is pretty much the operator was being pushed to with a 6lgp and then when the dozer hand went to lunch, the hoe operator tried to back fill the hole he dug:beatsme and go dig further out in the silt. As we can see this process was flawed. He kept his job oddly enough:pointhead.:usa

Attachments

• DSC00931.jpg
    DSC00931.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 8,646
  • DSC00934.jpg
    DSC00934.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 8,652
  • DSC00944.jpg
    DSC00944.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 8,649
  • DSC00939.jpg
    DSC00939.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 8,596
  • DSC00941.jpg
    DSC00941.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 8,672

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Um.....
I wasn't stuck....
I was just checking to see where the bottom was :confused:
:cool:

Attachments

• IMGP0028.JPG
    IMGP0028.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 8,862
  • IMGP0024.JPG
    IMGP0024.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 8,910
  • IMGP0025.JPG
    IMGP0025.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 8,826

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Yeah and i got this bridge i'd like to sell you, she looks pretty stuck to me:D

Attachments

• 317356059_a14b6aeb40_b.jpg
    317356059_a14b6aeb40_b.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 8,848

alco

Um.....
I wasn't stuck....
I was just checking to see where the bottom was :confused:
:cool:

I tried to use that one once, but all my partner said was keep diggin boy, you still have another 200' to go if you're lookin for the bottom.

Brian

Maxpro

Occupation
Construction Consultant
That is just crazy!!!! When I was young my one of grand father's dozer operators got a TD15 stuck. He had hit something like quick sand and before he knew it it was up to the seat. It took 2 other TD15's and alot of cable to get it out. I have to give credit where credit is due. This is way worse!!!!!

alan243

Wow

All I
can say is WOW. In the mine where I work they have 2 d10's that are in the bottom of the pit, right now you can see the top of one, the other is totally underwater.