• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

more pics of equipment stuck!

d4c24a

It's not the tires fault.What type of tire would you expect to get more traction than a "traction lug" tire?Try not taking the machine where a farm tractor is needed would be a better suggestion.

why does the farm tractor manage , because it has the correct tyres fitted ;) i have seen artic steer loaders fitted with ag tyres wiggle their way past stuck tractors and then pull them out , like the old saying "power is nothing without traction " :D
those tyres are not suited to those conditions , if you say they are i am glad you dont advise me on tyres :D
it is certainly not the machines fault , the tyres fitted in the clip by stock would have had no trouble keeping up and grip
but i would guess that machine has been got in to that situation by accident or desperation and would more than likely not venture off road much

tireman

Some people have to work in the mud so they have no choice on where they take there equipment. We have extra wide tires on all our loaders down here. Here is a pic although it doesn't really do them justice.

Those are actually log skidder tires which are just beefed up ag tires.But yes, much better suited to the slop.

koalamotorsport

After all these pics, I don't feel so bad about my little ooops a couple of months ago. Tiny little Bobcat X331. Sure felt like it was going over and not enough hydraulic strength to pull itself out. Had my tow truck there, with some work, I drove it out using the tow truck to stop it falling into the mud.

Attachments

• mini-oops.jpg
    mini-oops.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2,612
Last edited:

koalamotorsport

Then after deciding the mini was too small for the job, I found a new toy, and broke it too....:eek: Feel so much better about my little 'stucks' after seeing all these real stucks!bigger-oops.jpg

caterpillarRy

here in MA we have quick mud in some areas and a guy lost a 330 CAT THEY JUST ENDED up cutting the boom off and let her sink after d8s couldn't get her out

Tom Williams

Hi Gary,

I am working on a new TV series about life on the Big Island and we are hoping to get in touch with some construction companies or workers out there about dealing with lava tubes and what kind of a hazard they can present in this line of work. The series will look at what it is like to live and work on a volcanic island and what that means for the people who have to deal with it everyday. With lava tubes all over the island this is clearly something that causes a few problems!

If you have any contacts of companies or people working out there - or you - who can talk more about this and have work coming up where lava tubes could be a potential hazard in Oct/Nov it would be great to hear about.

Thanks for your help,

Tom

tom.williams@electricsky.com
+44 (0)1273 224 264

Tom Williams

Lava Tubes in Hawaii - Collapse

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/gary13b/rfffffffff.jpg

cant seem to post the pic so here's the link . its a d8 that fell into a lava tube on the bigisland of hawaii when it was ripping the lot .....little over a yea later we had the job to prep the mile of road that the same tube crosses and we just about collapsed it with one of our compactors .

its pretty common here to see or hear about a machine falling in a tube because they are every where .

Hi Gary,

I am working on a new TV series about life on the Big Island and we are hoping to get in touch with some construction companies or workers out there about dealing with lava tubes and what kind of a hazard they can present in this line of work. The series will look at what it is like to live and work on a volcanic island and what that means for the people who have to deal with it everyday. With lava tubes all over the island this is clearly something that causes a few problems!

If you have any contacts of companies or people working out there - or you - who can talk more about this and have work coming up where lava tubes could be a potential hazard in Oct/Nov it would be great to hear about.

Thanks for your help,

Tom

+44 (0)1273 224 264

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Got some new ones. These where both in 1 week. Cost us a chunk of $$$ to get them out.

Attachments

• IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 1,459
  • IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 1,473
  • IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 1,452

Dualie

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your help,

Tom

+44 (0)1273 224 264

you can try contacting Doc Bailey @ http://www.888docbailey.com/ tell him donald peterson said you should get in touch with him

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Looks like you guys are keeping the local towing company happy.

Yep someone is going to get a nice bonus this year. We had 3 trucks out there on the last one when he was almost on its side. This "pond" is a bottom less pit of drilling mud. We where double and triple matting everything and still could barely keep things out of the muck.