• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

More Old Iron Pics

Raildudes dad

I see a flooding picture with a date of 1953, I'm guessing the Netherlands. My dad's aunt and her husband visited the old country in 1955?. They brought back a coffee table photo book of the flooding. I used to look at it on Sunday afternoon while the adults had coffee. (Orange candy peanuts from the candy jar for me:) )

Last edited:

BB64

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Nederlands

Alan,

Thanks for posting the first link... it made me smile once I saw an "ij" and realized it was the Netherlands -- Kruiningen is in Zeeland, along the Oosterschelde, site of some of the Delta Works projects (it seemed vaguely familiar, I had to google map it -- I'm guessing that I went through there in the summer of 1990). Most of the pictures along the water are likely work done for the Delta project, generally in response to the 1953 flooding. Check out http://www.deltaworks.org/ for more about the project.

The pictures of hills made no sense until I noticed that they were taken near Maastricht, Geleen and Heerlen (near Aachen, Germany), the highest area in all of the Netherlands.

Thanks again,

Mike Kalsbeek

dayexco

that's an AWESOME website....i spent over hr looking, and going to google translator to see what they were saying :salute

RDG

Occupation
Multi skilled plant operator for 40+yrs
Thats a good little collection in that museum went thru it a couple of yrs ago when I was back over on holiday, owned by Lindsey Willis I believe. Cheers RDG.