• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

More E-Log disaster

Truck Shop

As of December 16 I believe, E-logs will have to account for every inch basically that truck moves. Just to move
one from it's parking spot in the yard the driver/mechanic will have to log in with a shop code to drive it into shop to
repair it. Or it can be moved in creep mode with an automatic only at idle speed, under a half a mile an hour.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Yeah we’ve been dealing with that garbage too. Truckin ain’t what it used to be. Crowding the little guys right out of it. At least that’s what it appears to me.

No more loose leaf!

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Truckin ain't what it use to be you say-----from my view it's been going backward for the last twenty years.

At least that long. I may not be that old from an actual driving age perspective but I’ve been around it all my life and it’s a shame. Nothin I’d want my boys even thinking about.

doublewide

Last time I rented a tractor from Penske they told me that the e log only applied to the long term leases and that I could still run paper for anything less than a month rental.

I wonder if that has changed yet.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
I don't know all the log rules anymore. However, I have been driving a tractor trailer all around the state of Texas, for our local school district bands for many years. I have always been told we are exempt from keeping a log. So, I never worry about it on our rental tractors. I guess if we need a log, the district or the truck rental company will tell me.

doublewide

I don't know all the log rules anymore. However, I have been driving a tractor trailer all around the state of Texas, for our local school district bands for many years. I have always been told we are exempt from keeping a log. So, I never worry about it on our rental tractors. I guess if we need a log, the district or the truck rental company will tell me.

That's ironic, I do the same thing.

Dartmouth Massachusetts, marching band and indoor percussion.

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I apologize if this is a little off topic. I understand the idea of building a glider kit and putting an older model engine in it to get away from the current emissions and E-log. My question is.... we currently have a 1996 Peterbilt 379 with a C-15 that I believe was built in 2002. Is this truck E-log exempt or not? It just pulls a lowboy locally (50 mile radius) so personally I'm not worried about it. But as I was reading this thread it made me wonder if it was exempt or not if it were run over the road?

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
That's ironic, I do the same thing.

Dartmouth Massachusetts, marching band and indoor percussion.
We have 4 high schools, 3 that currently have trailers. Our lease trucks for the last few years have been from Paccar. Here is one of our trucks this year.band truck 2019 one.JPG

doublewide

Our parent group owns its own tractor and trailer but we rent tractors when we go out of state.

Here's me getting some rest at Mountain Top, PA on my way back from Dayton, OH in preparation for running through New York City.20180418_085446_HDR.jpg

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Wow, you do some long out of state trips it seems. Do you keep any kind of log, or are you considered exempt?