• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Modified brush cutter help

673moto

Occupation
Slacker
8ECFC048-D929-49A9-8CC4-4244EA38163E.jpeg 8ECFC048-D929-49A9-8CC4-4244EA38163E.jpeg So I picked up this old brush cutter on Craigslist and am planning on welding on a plate to attach to my bobcat. ..
any tips?
What height should I aim to set it at?
Tilt angle of the quick attach plate?
I’ve seen versions where the top of the attach plate is hinged and the front of the cutter has wheels... worth doing that for field mowing?

Think I have the plumbing figured out, will be setting up a relief valve in a “T” and 3/4” lines to aux.

Any info on what this mower is from?

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Looks like it's already set up to be hinged, I think it's a good idea to design it to float in some respect otherwise you'll constantly have to keep adjusting the height to avoid gouging. Keep in mind that air filled tires will be susceptible to flats in this kind of work, foam filled is probably the way to go.