1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Mobile crusher

Discussion in 'Crushers' started by suladas, Jan 11, 2023.

1. suladas

suladas Senior Member

Have a 20,000 sq/ft pad to remove with heating lines in it and foam underneath, so no recycle places wants it, and being about 45 mins out of town, trucking isn't cheap. I can rent a Red Rhino 7000+ jaw crusher that will cost me about what it would to truck the material away, and the customer is ok with leaving the crushed material onsite.

Has anyone used a unit like this before that they can actually do decent production? The claim of 45 tons an hour seems pretty impressive. Slab is 4-5" thick so about 500 tons to crush, and i'm figuring even if it takes it 25 hours to crush i'm fine with that. I would be aiming for under 2" material.

Is the plastic going to cause any issues with the crusher? Pad also has mesh. I've asked these questions to the place that rents it and they said it's ok, but at $11k to get the thing for a week I want to be 100% sure it's going to get the job done.

https://redrhinocrushers.co.uk/products/rr-7000-plus-series/

2. Tags

Tags Senior Member

I have never used one, but I would guarantee that the plastic, insulation, and the 2” size you want will not yield 45 tph. Pretty sure the Red rhino will only take pieces that are smaller than a standard concrete block, 8”x16”. Also, I believe that 45 tph quote is at the largest setting of the jaws, I think that’s about a 4”- product. I looked at one of those units many years ago, the numbers just didn’t seem to work.

hosspuller and Vetech63 like this.
  3. 02SILVER

02SILVER Well-Known Member

I just acquired a very similar unit for processing my own material. I think that the foam and plastic will be a major down fall as it will cause the feed material to slip against the jaws making terrible jams. I have seen this happen with random clumps of grass and root material accidentally entering the jaws. Also I would say the feed material would need to be processed to about 12" to not jam up and make decent tonnage. 45 tph seems too high at 2" minus, I am running concrete and limestone rock to 1" minus and get 20-25tph. My 2 cents, hope this helps

Attached Files:

suladas and Vetech63 like this.
  4. suladas

suladas Senior Member

Found another place who has one, and it's in my city instead of 5 hours away and it's the same one as above I think, so not needing to pay $4k in trucking or lose a day each way moving it. The rental place said they are getting 40tph crushing to 3" on the red rhino, the komplet claiming 110tph at any size seems insane. As long as it'll do even 15tph and not constantly jamming from foam i'd be fine with that. My plan was to make sure it's reasonable small while pulling up the pad, then as i'm loading with my 210 I will have some time to further break the odd large piece and try to separate as much foam as I can. The heating lines on the tiny part of the slab I pulled up are right in the center, so i'd imagine they wouldn't cause any issues? They are 1" lines spaced about 10" apart.

https://www.groundworx.ca/equipment-rentals/new-2020-komplet-k-jc704/

5. suladas

suladas Senior Member

6. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

Id be wary of the foam as your pulling the slab apart. Any time we have demoed materials with foam its added considerable time to cleanup . The foam breaks down into beads that the wind will spread all over or water will float away.Ive had to cleanup wreckage from concrete floats that were built around foam ,it can be as bad as an oil spill without the right plan in place.
    How small do you have to break the concrete down to leave on site ? Can plastics and foam be left with the crushed concrete?
    While doing ship demo last year the concrete fines and foam fines mixed were very expensive to dispose of.
    Ive had foundation walls done with a concrete shear on the excavator .worked pretty well and nicely sorted the steel for scrap.
    Or you go dark ages and put some lexan windows in your excavator and find an old wrecking ball and just bust the stuff up.

7. suladas

suladas Senior Member

They ideally want it 2" or under and then they are ok with all material just being spread back out on the site, they do not care about the foam being mixed in, although my plan was to remove as much as possible. Thankfully the site is surrounded by bare land on all sides and it's on a reserve so no homeowners, etc to worry about complaining. The plan for the site after is put 6" of topsoil on it and let grass grow. A shear did cross my mind, but I was thinking it would be way too time consuming breaking it that small.

The problem is i'm already into the job. I subbed it from another company and took their word on a few details and missed the heating lines so the crusher was a solution to get the job done cheaper, and they are willing to pay extra to remove slab before spring, but other then that i'm already locked into a price and trying to make it so I don't lose my shirt on the job.

8. 92U 3406

92U 3406 Senior Member

Wrench Bender
    How about one of these?

I don't think the foam would inhibit it too much. Its just a bucket with a fixed jaw plate on the floor and a vibrating jaw plate on top. Adjustable for different size materials as well.

9. suladas

suladas Senior Member

I considered that also but haven't found anyone to rent one. I emailed arrowwest who can bring them in to buy, or they said possibly rent if it's a long enough rental, but I doubt a week is enough. I would bet to buy they are over $50k.

I was also curious about a pulverizer https://www.amiattachments.com/product/kraken-concrete-pulverizer/ I think it would break it down no problem, but I wonder if it would still be fairly big pieces in the 3-4" range?

There was also these that sell at ritchie's for under $3k https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1644725651 1 job like this would more then pay for it.

Tugger2 likes this.
  10. 92U 3406

92U 3406 Senior Member

Wrench Bender
    PM sent.