• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mitsubishi S4S Rebuild Questions

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
On the thread about the skid steer headed towards a 4BT transplant. I just came across a customer today with a S4S that is over 18,000 hours. We would like to rebuild it soon on general principles.

In the pictures that come up in the search it looks like the engine has something like top stop liners but in some video I found it looks like somebody is chipping out dry liners but the service manual I have it looks like parent bore.

So which is it and are there any other interesting features inside this engine?

Sorry my bad that is the s4s mitsu same as the 6 cyl version s6s that in in the D5, 315, and many many forklifts. The diesel continental of the modern day. Parts easy. https://www.google.com/search?ei=2D...2......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.ScoQ6nqwqjA