• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Graham Hamilton

I've recently acquired a MM30SR and I'm looking for some help.

I've had a few problems to sort out which I've had some success in (details below) but what I really need is the service and parts manuals. I know these will be in Japanese but I have a few friends/contacts who can translate what I need into English.

I do however have a Operators Manual (MM30SR and MM40SR) which was behind the seat in a plastic folder and is in excellent condition and gives some useful details including routine servicing, location of items, oil specs, fuse numbers and descriptions etc.

As to what I've fixed so far:

When I got it the glow plugs had been wired directly off the ignition switch, not a good idea , and no lights on the console. Anyway I've managed to fix these. The glow plug timer was u/s and that was why it had been wiring up directly. A quote for a new one was over £100 and had to come from Japan. Anyway I found a circuit diagram and description on the web so opening it up and found a resistor burnt out. Managed to get the code off it and bought a new one for 10p plus postage. And now working. The console lights were out because of a short on the exterior lights which was blowing the fuse. Only thing that doesn't work on the console now is the fuel gauge and I'll get to this eventually.

I've got a couple of intermittent faults including an engine that won't stop via the ignition switch so when this happens I have to manually push in the stop solenoid. I've got a wiring diagram for the engine (Mit S3L) which shows a control module but I can't find it.
The other one is more annoying as the boom/stick/bucket controls stop working. The micro switch in the interlock arm is working and the relay clicks in so will be investigating further tomorrow. A wiring diagram would help! I've waggled wires in these areas before and got it working again but don't really know why it started to work, must be a loose connection or bad earth somewhere.

Any help re the service and parts manuals would be most helpful.