• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

mitsubishi dozer

JimInOz

Bd2f

Sorry,I don't have the wiring diagram for the F model....however it's a simple machine & anyone handy with wiring will work it out.Remember it's 24Volts.
The F models were the last simple,non electronic Mitsubishi machines...the G models had nicer,newer instrument panel,but typically ,the result is that Fuel gauges & Hourmeters are often found to be unserviceable.Electronics & Dozers DON"T work!!
Basically the Mitsys are a good little machine,well built & OK to operate.
They are an excellent finishing tool,but at 4 tonnes,they won't push a lotta dirt.A ripper/scarifier added makes it a very versatile machine.
Locally Rhine Equipment may source your parts.I can get parts for Aussie guys for a bit less than Dealers.
Jim

nut

right track pulls great left track only pulls when not in bind . is there any easy way to fix. pulled plugs on bottom no oil leakage.

nut

still hope n someone might know whats wronge with my mitsubishi left track doesnt want to pull when in a bind what causes it to do this? is it easyly fixable?and how do i go about it? dozer is a BD2F checked for oil leakage on clutches pulled plugs on bottom aok.HELP PLEASE

JimInOz

Bd2f

Hi ,
Your steer clutch plates are worn or bonded together.
steeringclutch.com & Rhine Equipment sell plates for them.
You'll get at them from under the seat.It's a bit of a job to remove the assembly,but not the worst I've worked on....at least you don't have to remove the tracks on this unit.
The best you can do is buy a manual from Rhine equipment...I think the Operator manual covers the steering adjustments.I think they sell workshop manuals too.I have copies of the BS3F manuals,if needed.(BS3 =Loader Version).The Op manuals give all lube & adjustment & Operating info.
Persist with this machine...they are a good little worker.

Jim

graverobber54

Occupation
real estate
BD2F won't turn right

Hi ,
You'll get at them from under the seat.It's a bit of a job to remove the assembly,but not the worst I've worked on....at least you don't have to remove the tracks on this unit.
The best you can do is buy a manual from Rhine equipment...I think the Operator manual covers the steering adjustments.I think they sell workshop manuals too.I have copies of the BS3F manuals,if needed.(BS3 =Loader Version).The Op manuals give all lube & adjustment & Operating info.

Jim

I bought a BD2F , 6 way , for $8K , runs fine. I have had a few small problems . A leaking tilt cylinder , rust hole in the oil pan , even run it out of fuel once!

It has gotten to where it won't turn right. I looked in the peep hole , and the right brake is wet with rear end grease. I removed all the linkage from the mechanism , but I cannot get the top plate off. Something is holding it down. I tried losseninf(and tightening) the brake adjustment bolt , and it won't turn for s**t.

I wrote Rhine for a repair manual , and they sent me an engine manual! haha

What can I do , suggestions? I am new to dozers , I used to work on old cars , though:usa

LSAMS

BS3F Manual

Hi ,

Jim

Hey Jim, I would like to get a copy of the BS3F manual. Could you contact me please? larrysmithauto@bellsouth.net

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Low Ground Pressure. It will be equipped with track shoes much wider than "standard" to allow it to work on soft/boggy ground without sinking. Unless you're planning to work on similar ground LGP shoes will cause all sorts of issues like shoe bending, cracking, etc. Stay well away unless you are working on very soft ground pretty much all the time.

Basically the rule of thumb is always fit the narrowest track shoe that you can consistent with the flotation you need on the ground on which you're working. For example our D9s & D10s work on rock pretty much all the time and so have 24" track shoes on them.

raolela

Occupation
sell used construction machines
it is hard to get the part, anyone cna tell me where i can get the undercarriage part? Mitsubishi BD2F, is there any replacement undercarriage part?

Ozzie Battler

Occupation
Demolition Contractor
Hi Jim
I am new here, Just bought myself a little Mitsubishi BS3F track loader, I am in Tully NQ, you seem to know a bit about them. I would like to get Workshop & Parts Manual for it, I read somewhere you may be able to help.

Regards

Ralph

rabia

Banned
MITSUBISHI BD2G-2
Blade, 6-way; 2,162 Hours; 50 hp (price enters at 11,500 USD)

it best Mitsubishi Dozer

imdjack

Occupation
Semi retired
I just bought a BD2G for $5000. It needed a front idler which we just replaced for $700.00 and still need to replace 3 bottom rollers. Another $400. I hope that is it for now. It has 2748 hrs on it and runs very good. So far it has been a nice small dozer. I bought my idler from Kent on e-bay fast shipping about a week.

Frank Dodson

Occupation
retired college professor and administrator
I have owned a BD2F for approx. 10 years and I really like the machine. I have replaced the sprockets, chain, rollers, pads, added a ROPs. so far I haven't had problems getting parts.

imdjack

Occupation
Semi retired
Frank,
I am new to owning a dozer and was wondering what ROPs is? I am needing to do some work on the one I bought like replacing the 3 bottom rollers on one side. Can they be repaired . The manual shows a bushing was wondering if they can be repaired or is it better to buy new. Also the cylinder that adjust the idler on one side is pushing grease at the seal . Would like to repair it my self if possible. Are you buying parts local or on the internet?

Frank Dodson

Occupation
retired college professor and administrator
ROPS stands for roll over protection. I had a 4 post with top plus limb risers fabricated and placed on the dozer. I have bought parts from Rhine equipment of Washington and Power equipment of Nashville TN ( both excellent businesses). The parts for the undercarriage were all new.

Jim489

Hi guys im pretty new to all just wondering who i would talk to about buying 2 new idlers for a bd2f