1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

missing thread

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tradesman, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Tradesman

Tradesman Senior Member

Contractor
    earlier today I posted a reply to a thread in cranes from someone looking for a rigging supplier, now it is gone. Did I do something wrong by suggesting my supplier or was this a spammer looking to promote his business.

2. digger242j

digger242j Administrator

Self employed excavator
    Yes, it was spammer. And no, you didn't do anything wrong. It's just that your useful reply would've been orphaned when I removed the spam post. We don't have any problems with legitimate businesses getting good word of mouth referrals from legitimate members.

Actually, it's kind of funny. The same guy posted a thread back in October, asking about hydraulic lift tables, which is about the tenth time we've seem that particular theme, and probably by the same person, but it was only reported this morning. When I checked out that reported thread, I found the one you replied to.

3. Tradesman

Tradesman Senior Member

Contractor
    Thanks for all your work keeping this a great sight I often comment to friends how nice it is that not only is the class of poster here a notch above,but you guys are there to re-enforce the rules.It's a bit disappointing the supplier I referred to deserves a good word, and I was pleased to do it.
    Keep up the good work.