• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Minnesota high schooler thinking about H.E.

Defined

Hey guys,

My name is Andrew, I'm a high school student from Minnesota. I will be graduating this May and I would like to go into heavy equipment in the fall of 2007 at a local college.

The program offered at the local community college (Staples CLC) is called "Heavy Equipment and Operations" (I also linked to it there.)

I think running bulldozers and the whole idea of excavation looks like a fun job. Not a boring job, not a stupid job, not a tiring job. I mean, granted, all jobs have crappy points as well as good aspects to them, but I think heavy equipment looks most interesting to me.

I do have some questions...
- How much on average does a 2-year "heavy equipment" diploma cost through college?
- How much can I expect to make annually when I've got my diploma?

Any advice/recommendations?

Thanks guys

DPete

The industry needs people like you

Like to see more of it. Alot of todays generation are all for desk jobs. I started at your age and at the bottom 35 years later and still at it. Had the chance to start my own business 10 years ago. Doing ok so far. DP