• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

mini paver opinions ?

rockman

possibly looking at adding a small paver to my business ..
looking for opinions on brands
was looking at a ' leeboy 1000f ' possibly ?
will the shorter undercarriage be an issue or anything i should be looking out for ?
Cheers

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
That's still pretty big, what is your desired work. Driveways and alleys, or are you fixin to go after parking lots and residential streets? The scope of work you want to do should dictate the machine and screed you pick up. What works well for one might be difficult or near impossible to manage for the other. Be honest with yourself .

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
After years of Cedar rapids, we have an 8510 LeeBoy. I'm not on the paving crew, but from what I have heard they have a lot of electronic issues. But it goes steady all season so it can't be that bad

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
The problems I find are climbing over manholes ,boxes or out of the cut ,you need to build a ramp or else the machine tips back till you hit the balance point then comes crashing down. On soft ground doesn’t float like a long track machine. Good for small driveways .have had many 600-700 ton days