• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mini excavator tilt bucket

Matty180

Hi guys been a lurker for a while not much posting.
I have a takeuchi tb138 and was looking for a tilt bucket for it.
I found a used werk brau 43" for the same price as brand new amulet.
Was wondering if u get what you pay for here. Why a brand new
werk brau is $5700 and a brand new amulet is $3100
Anybody have any experience with amulet buckets. I live in NY so
they r not to common by me. If thinking I would want a 42" or 48"
If anyone else has a brand and size recommendation that would be good.
Thanks matt

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I bought a Rockland hydraulic tilt for my TB153. I really like it. Very well built and thought out. Great guarding for the cylinders, may want to take a look at it.

Matty180

You know I saw them when googling and I never called them
I will try them on Monday. Do you mind me asking how much and what size u got.
Thanks Matt

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I think it is around 46" , honestly cant remember but that is approximate. I think it was $4k to me give or take. Sorry, I have had it for a while cant remember exactly what I paid.

sheepfoot

We are only using the full power-tilt units that use all the different buckets purchased for our machine, We had some with the tilt made with the bucket for the cleanouts but removed them over the years. I like a full power tilt attachment that you can use all the different buckets you have. I can stand the 52" cleanout straight up and dig but it is also nice to drop the cleanout quick and slip a 12/24/36" bucket on if it gets tuff, then install the cleanout back on with out having to undo the hyd lines up the stick to the coupler area on the boom.

Matty180

R u running a helac unit or something different. With that work on quick coupler buckets or
Only pin on.

sheepfoot

Our unit is a helac, we ordered it to fit the ex-change on the E50 bobcat at work. The unit hyd connects to the machine coupler but has a plate and two bolts that have to be removed to switch buckets. We have a breaker bar and socket that we leave on the machine to change as needed, takes about 5 min or less when needed to switch. On our other units your leave the rear bucket pin in and only pull the front pin, the power tilt is hard pinned to the stick and bucket link. The thing with the tilts is your thumb length matching all the different bucket sizes, our thumb is set for the ex-change link and regular HD buckets, when the power-tilt is on you don't have a close bite to pick and load like a normal bucket and thumb, things like logs less than 10",

Matty180

Priced out a rockland I thought it was a little
Steep $5995 for a 42". I thought werk brau was the most
Expensive. Any other brands I should
Check out.
Matt

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Yea someone is getting into your pocket. 6K is silly. Is that Rockland selling it to you direct or your dealer brining it in for you.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Yea, I went through a dealer. My guess is in an effort not to **** off a dealer Rockland is selling it to you for full retail. A dealer, at least here would sell an attachment at 5-10% over cost plus shipping.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I also see an ad for CATs hyd. tilt bucket for their bigger mini's. It shows 180 degree tilt. Might also be something to look at.