• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mini Excavator pallet forks

suladas

Look slick! Funny enough I have the exact same machine just enclosed cab model and was doing a retaining wall at my house, and just used chains to lift pallets. Full pallets of 3,000lbs were doable with the bucket on. Slow to hook up, but machine wasn't tippy because you can get weight so close in. Was contemplating building forks, but finally purchased a CTL so don't think I will really need them for the mini-ex anymore.

A 8 ton is a funny size IMO and not good for much too big for the little jobs, too small for the big jobs and tough to haul, i've rented one, and wanted my 153 back so bad. The extra size and weight is a pain, and my 153 had power digging power by far.

rick nelson

I have a JD 35d that I want to build a set of forks for and use a folklift basket on for lifting guys 12' up. Does anyone have any experience at using these for lifting humans?? LOL as I am typing this it seems like a little different idea than just thinking about it. LOL

PeterG

Occupation
Landscape Construction, General Contractor
Would work great, no issues. Just move the excavator boom very slowly. You can get a good deal from a brand called Titan. They have some in the $400-$800 range which includes free shipping. Anyone in the Safety cage should have a harness on. You could also look for a used one. That being said, I have had someone raise me up just on a pallet to cut tree branches and make repairs. But best to be safe though.

Pallet Forks.jpg

rick nelson

This is good news!! Im not crazy. LOL I have the basket, forks, fork mounting slide plate so we just need to copy our bucket mounting system and we should be there. Thanks