1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Milwaukee M18 grease gun

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Seabass, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I own a few M18 Milwaukee tools, 3/4 fuel impact being my favorite. That said, im curious if any of you own or have used the M18 grease gun. I would want to know how well it tightened up tracks (tensioners) on mid size excavators and dozers? If it had the power/pressure to perform such tasks? Thank you.

2. DB2

DB2 Senior Member

We are loving our FUEL tools as well so I am curious about this too. Hopefully someone has some feedback.

3. wrc

wrc Well-Known Member

I got the m12 grease gun I love it and it tightens tracks on my excavator just fine. I'm sure the 18 has even more power, but my 12v works great for all I need and 1 battery will shoot 4 tubes of grease

4. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 Senior Member

Operator/Mechanic/Truck driver
    I use an m18 at work. Works good I just wish he would put a better tip on it. Like the lock n lube locking tip. Overall the gun is great. guys at work dont clean it or anything so its a pain to use without getting dirty .

5. lumberjack

lumberjack Senior Member

It works great, in low range it can produce up to 10k psi, tracks are no problem.

6. murfdog

murfdog Well-Known Member

They work great, I've got several of them. They work better than my memory hence the need to have one in all my trucks so I don't have to remember to grab one.

7. bam1968

bam1968 Senior Member

Excavating Contractor
    About 3 years ago I was in the market for a new grease gun. At that time I had a number of Lincoln and a couple of Alemite guns that seemed to work ok but constantly had battery issues. So, after reading some reviews and talking to some people I thought I would try a Millwaukee. I went with the M12 only because it seemed like it was described as being a little more of 'industrial type' tool' than the M18. That all being said, I can't say a bad word about the M12 after being used daily on mid sized dozers, excavators and scrapers for about 3 years. Other than the zipper on the case it comes in, which is kind of a minor detail in my book. Just my $.02

8. JS300

JS300 Senior Member

Power Plant and Cattle
    I have the M12 and it works great. Tightens the dozer chains just fine. I think the most impressive thing though is how it empties a tube of grease. I bet there isn't a spoonfull left, my old grease gun wasted allot of grease.

9. wrwtexan

wrwtexan Senior Member

Indy Farm Wrench, heavy land clearing, rancher
    I just bought one for greasing a customer's cotton harvesting equipment and have been really impressed with it. The one supplied battery lasts a long time and has plenty of pressure in the low speed, and is very fast in high speed. I had to replace a D5M track adjuster right after I bought it and was happily amazed at how it tightened the track back up in no time! Not having to be in a position to operate a lever gun or tire my hand out with a pistol grip is really nice.