• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Milwaukee 3/4 inch impact gun. Have you patched Windows 10, and set up your wifi?

emmett518

I do It consulting to pay the bills, so computers are my life. Even so, I think this computer phone stuff is getting out of hand.

I bought a Milwaukee 3/4 inch impact wrench to handle large stuff on my Deere 310L backhoe. The Deere tech who came out to replace the front seals on my hub / axie had one, and the thing cracked dirt encrusted, rusted, never removed lug nuts from my tractor. I was so impressed, i bought one the next day. Mine though was kind of wimpy. I set the gun at max impacts per minute, but my 40 inch breaker bar could still tighten the lug nuts at least one more turn.

So I called Milwaukee, and asked them which of the four settings on the gun would give me the greatest torque. The manual only talked about RPMs and Impacts per minute.

"Have you installed the Milwaukee phone app, and added your devices to One Key?"

"No. Why would I want to do that? I'm not a shop keeping track of 200 tools."

"Oh. You have to install the app, register your devices, and add them to your device list. Then you have to use the app to access your tool's Inet settings where you can set the torque."

"Are you telling me I need a phone to set up my wrench?"

"Yeah. And Internet too."

"Why can't I just use the button on the tool to switch to a higher torque setting?"

"Because you can't. You need the app."

Pretty soon, I'm going to need an app to go to the bathroom, and flush the toilet. No idea what you do if your phone dies, or you run out of data.

I kid you not.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I broke my old 1/2” gun and upgraded to the latest and greatest version. It’s got plenty of wookum but it has a hesitation when I hit the trigger. I wonder if I can change that with the app?

JD955SC

The one key impacts you can set them to stop at certain torques. It’s a useful feature in that aspect.