• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Milwaukee 18 V grease. Plunger won’t enter tube.

emmett518

Has anyone seen an issue with a Milwaukee 18 V grease gun, where the plunger will not enter a new grease cartridge? Cartridge is not munger up or misshapen, and the metal snap top is toward the gun.

Milwaukee tech support is less than worthless and told me to return it to Northern.

Any ideas?

Oldcatpusher

Tried any other brand of grease cartridges? I've had to send one of my Milwaukee grease guns in cause it was leaking all over and would put out a lot of pressure. They fully rebuilt it. New everything but the plastic molding. If you file a claim on eservice it takes about 2 weeks and you'll have it back. They pay for shipping

emmett518

I'm going to pick up a tube of Cat grease to see if that makes a difference. Maybe something with Lucas tubes.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Interesting we have 3 and never had a problem with any of them.

JD955SC

Rotate the rod amd fiddle with it some and it will go in. It’s binding up slightly. I habe had this issue with Milwaukee and manual grease guns.

Reactions: TNB

skyking1

We have 55's with pumps on 65' of hose on reels. :)
The dredging derrick was set up with the little drums, because we have to wrestle them into an awkward spot. I had a 50' hose and I think it was a Lincoln pump.
The gun is hanging over the safety shield between the spare bottles and that 100' hot wrench, and the drum is inside that conex, which has some engine mount rails down the middle.
IMG_20180109_011627.jpg

emmett518

The 55 gallon drum sounds awesome, but I'd never use it quick enough before it expired.