• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

military cranes

trombeur

hello, I'm fond of military vehicles, you can mention the models of classic mobile cranes used by the military genius and used as large tow trucks in the columns, you would also mention the most significant earthmoving machines of the military type caterpillar d8 and similar, thanks to those who want to provide me more news thanks
Crane-Trucks-Oshkosh-MK48-11816292.jpg

1987 Oshkosh MK48 Crane Truck
1960_Oshkosh_Q40_with_new_style_cab-oct4.jpg

m936-wrecker-4.jpg

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals

There is large platform lift with a cab like that setting up the road a few miles from me at a used equipment dealer. He buys a lot of surplus machines and often has some cool stuff on hand. It would make the ultimate deer hunting stand.

trombeur

1954 bantam abm-53?
would you have more information about this brand? few specimens on the net, unknown to me, thanks for your kind intervention

trombeur

basically they installed the crane over a military truck? after the war in Italy they recycled the old military vehicles and converted them for industrial use, in this way the legendary jumbo bruneri was born, carlo bruneri used pieces of trucks and tank and made a rudimentary excavator to shovel the rubble left by the world war after the war, the truck that brand and model would be? sorry if I'm boring and I ask you all these details thanks for your help and your availability, thanks

ryanmueller

basically they installed the crane over a military truck? after the war in Italy they recycled the old military vehicles and converted them for industrial use, in this way the legendary jumbo bruneri was born, carlo bruneri used pieces of trucks and tank and made a rudimentary excavator to shovel the rubble left by the world war after the war, the truck that brand and model would be? sorry if I'm boring and I ask you all these details thanks for your help and your availability, thanks
Every tag on the crane says core of engineers us army. There are probably ten tags that say that

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Friction cranes like that were mounted on about anything that someone had the where with all to do the job. I've seen then with clam shells, drags and hook blocks. They are all better than having to do something by hand. I can't tell you much about the Bantam. I'm betting that it has floor levers and brake pedals and what looks like a cushion toilet seat to sit on.

trombeur

thank you for your intervention, I am passionate about industrial archeology old wreckage scrap wrecked recycled old iron worn out unfortunately. more than a passion, a disease, thanks again

Natman

Spotted this the other day, at a gravel pit, looked like they were using it for unfolding/folding the conveyor. Nice clean rig.IMG_20190522_121854765~3.jpg

trombeur

nice picture, thank you for your kindness and availability, if I can afford and I'm not too fussy and petulant what a brand and a model would be, I'm sorry, I take advantage of your availability and your time, thanks

Natman

Just a guess: but it looks like a Grove RT, about 50 ton perhaps? Other here can probably guess better then me. I am no longer in the area where I spotted it, though I may be next week again, hard to say.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Just a guess: but it looks like a Grove RT, about 50 ton perhaps? Other here can probably guess better then me. I am no longer in the area where I spotted it, though I may be next week again, hard to say.
Looks like an RT755. Weird, it doesn't seem to have a telescoping boom. Or the angle of the pic is wrong.

crane operator

Looks like an RT755. Weird, it doesn't seem to have a telescoping boom. Or the angle of the pic is wrong.

Its the military spec grove rt 875. It only has a single telescope section, because the military just unload and load containers and work on tanks, etc, no need for long reach. They get sold quite often as military surplus, but don't bring much because most buyers need a crane with more boom length. Non military usually have 110' or 125' main. Military is only like 80'.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Its the military spec grove rt 875. It only has a single telescope section, because the military just unload and load containers and work on tanks, etc, no need for long reach. They get sold quite often as military surplus, but don't bring much because most buyers need a crane with more boom length. Non military usually have 110' or 125' main. Military is only like 80'.
I knew you would know, looks like it would make a good yard machine.