• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Michigan loaders

Trooper

This may sound stupid but how do I shift the gear on L190B ? the machine was bought 2nd hand, many of the dashboard switch and electronic are gone or damaged. We don't know if the level/switch/wiring are gone but theres some special move involved.

Please give some guidance.

Trooper

Sorry, I can't edit the post so have to make another.

Looks like there is suppose to be 2 level on the left of steering wheel, one of forward/reverse, another for gear shifting. Either it was broken by the previous owner or the seller took it off, maybe to hide the transmission issue.

Like to ask anyone familiar with this machine, is the gear shift with mechanical or electronic?

bgood

hi i just got a mid 50,s michigan 85ag home ...the previous owners put in a gas engine as the original engine was shot...now the loader will not go forward or reverse
any help would be appreciated there are a couple of linkages missing one from the handle to the right of the seat next to the wall and the other runs over to the left side of the engine and hooks to nothing?

PLEASE HELP

bgood

hi i just got a mid 50,s michigan 85ag home ...the previous owners put in a gas engine as the original engine was shot...now the loader will not go forward or reverse
any help would be appreciated there are a couple of linkages missing one from the handle to the right of the seat next to the wall and the other runs over to the left side of the engine and hooks to nothing?

PLEASE HELP

never mind LOL not that anyone looks thru here anymore????the trans was out of fluid

mourafetis

Hi everyone, I hope I didn't post in the wrong place.

I recently come across the Michigan L190B, its about the same size as Cat 980. I have no idea how old is it, according to Volvo website, this machine was made from 1991. being googling the info of Michigan, it seems this company had been thru many hands. I suppose the older models(175C, 275C, 475) were made by Clark Michigan, how about this L190B? by Volvo? the price of this old machine is only 5 figure Malaysia Ringgit(1MYR = $0.32USD), 3 of the tires are near brand new, the other is 7/10. I recon the tires alone would have worth half of the asking price already. my friend said he could repair the machine as he have experience with smaller Michigan loader before. the only issue here is the PARTS.

from the other thread, I heard Volvo had sold the rights of manufacturing Michigan parts toMinnPar. anyone with experience in sourcing the Michigan parts from MinnPar before? since the machine is in Malaysia, ordering parts from US will take weeks, I hope anyone can tell me how to get the parts in Malaysia/Singapore or around South East Asia.

Pardon me if I didn't follow the rules.

Thanks in advanced.

Hello!! Did you get that Michigan after all? We do have parts for it in Greece and we work with a company in Malaysia that can supply you. Would you be interested?

mourafetis

These are a couple of machines we have sold in Greece, totally rebuilt and repainted. We love them!!!75C3.jpg125C2.jpg

americanthunder

Howdy,

New to the forum and I'm sure it's been covered, but I haven't found it yet so I'll keep looking...

We have a 75C and we are having two issues

1. We are loosing brake fluid through the brake booster pressure relief valve when you let of the brake pedal.

2. We parked the loader the other day, started it to day threw it in gear and the darn transmission won't engage at all, forward or reverse. The loader doesn't even lurch when the selector lever is moved.

I don't have any manuals on the loader or the transmission, but I've been looking at and I'm leaning towards the left brake because it disengages the trans or torque converter. Is the mechanism that disengages the trans hydraulically actuated, air actuated or electrically actuated? There is a small hose that attaches to the side plate where the shifting linkage is...

If somebody could either point me to an old thread or give me a crash course on the system I would appreciate it.

Have a good day...

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
You will have an air cutout with a switch on the dash that disengages the drive line when you step on the brake treadle.That is where I would start looking.Ron G

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
The brake declutch is only supposed to effect forward clutch only. The declutch valve is in the transmission control cover, follow the hose from the brake pedal to the trans, disconnect the hose and plug the port and see if that helps, do the hydraulics work? if not it's probably the fiber drive gear on the flywheel stripped out, from there on could be one of several things, clutch pressure regulating valve on the side of the convertor, charge pump, or suction hose, is the prop shaft from the convertor turning? Put a gauge in the clutch pressure regulating valve,you should read the pressure in all the gears.

mourafetis

If the hydraulics are working, you are looking at lack of oil pressure in the transmission. This is due to a failure of the transmission pump or its suction hose drawing air.

Ryan151

Thought the declutch was customer speced could be forward or reverse or both..... Start with the easy stuff first. I mean what changed from when you parked it till now ya know... Not much I bet.

mourafetis

Indeed it is customer specified for the Clark transmissions, but all the Michigan wheelloaders' declutch valve declutches only the forward gear....

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
It has been a while since I ran one but I think I remember two brake treadles, the left one decluthes the driveline and the right one just applied the brakes.That is nice to know when roading the machine.Each manufacturer has there own approach to the application,there is no standard among them.Ron G

Ryan151

I've got a clark 55b I work the machine about 8 hrs a week depending on demand for product. Its a good solid machine I've done a lot of work to it but it never lets me down.