• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

michigan 75a wheel loader

Dillpics

I just bought a michigan 75a for a restoration project. It is for a restoration project. It has its fair share of issues/problems and I was wondering if anyone knew whare I could get parts for it or someone selling one for scrap. I will post my befor pictures tom if I learn how to lol

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Volvo dealers should be able to get some parts. Also Google "Clark Michigan Parts"
There are several sources for parts. I have service manual for 75A and can give some tech help.

Dillpics

Here are the issues I know it has as of right now! 1 the left rear brake line has a pin hole in it and when it sits all the fluid runs out. That's an easy fix I just need to make a new line.2 the 2 inch hose from the hyd tank to the pump seeps. That's easy drain the fluid and replace the rubber hose.3 the lever for working range and travel range is broke off. Easy fix just weld a new one on or buy one from a salvage unit and I'm gonna buy one. 4 the lever for forward and reverse is in the wrong location on the tranny because when the lever is in neutral the tranny is in forward. When it is in reverse the tranny is in neutral. Easy fix just has to be moved on the tranny. I only found that out when I kept trying to crank the motor with no luck. After I fixed that problem the motor turned over fine just did not start. Also I burned up the starter trying to start the motor in forward so I'm waiting to get a new one.

The parts I'm looking for are! 1 both panels beside the motor. 2 the right panel just below the seat. 3 the lever for working range and travel range. 4 a complete dash with all gages and ignition switch as mine is missing gages and does not have right switch. 5 the front lights with brezels and pigtails if I can get them from someone. 6 one of the bars on the frount of the fuel tank because one of mine is missing. 7 the seat and the mounting plate because I have nothing above the battery its all gone. 8 the intake complete to the carb with the mounts and bolts that go on the hyd tank because mine is all missing. 9 the complete linkage from carb to gas pedal because mine is just riged and not right. 10 the complete linkage for the choke, everything up to the carb because that is rigged also. 11 also all my glass is broke frount rear and the small peice on the roof I would like to replace them also.

So far that's where I'm at and what I am trying to locate and buy. If you have any parts that I listed and want to sell them let me know. If you can help with any of the issues please tell me anything you think might be useful as i would be thankful for the help!

Komatsu 150

I can't help you with parts as ours was still complete and working when parked and and I'm not quite ready to start parting it out. The headlights and tail lights were made by Guide I think and were probably used on other things. I think Guide was a division of GM. The gauges were also not Michigan specific but I don't remember who made them. The dash is just a flat sheet and could be made. Same for the side panel below the seat. The engine covers will be the toughest to find as many were discarded or run over when someone forgot to put them back after checking oil. The bar you mention has me confused. Do you mean the bar in front of the radiator or is your front sheet metal missing? At this point pictures would help. The original seat bottom was just a piece of plywood with foam and cover stapled to it that sat on the angle iron above the batteries. The back was the same but attached to brackets. I don't have the original seat but I can post pictures of some of the other stuff if you need it in your search. Ours is a diesel so stuff around the engine might be different.

Dillpics

The bar I am talking about is mounted on the frount of the gas tank. It kinda looks like a rubber stop. As far as the seat mine has 4 inch peices of wood holding the seat on. I know that is not right that's all. Could you take a pic of your seat and how it is mounted?

Komatsu 150

OK, I forgot about the bumper bars on the front. I no longer have the original seat. We use to move snow with it for very long hours and the seat was painful. I put a suspension seat from a delivery van in ours. The way I remember the original the seat back would stay in place while the bottom just lifted off for battery access, no fasteners on the bottom.

Attachments

• 75A parts.jpg
    75A parts.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 3,450
Last edited:

Dillpics

The bar, bumper peice is number 20 it looks like. Thanks for the pic. So I take it from what I can see that there would be a gap on both sides of the seat? So the batterys would still be exposed as mine is now?

Travis2

i got parts

I just bought a michigan 75a for a restoration project. It is for a restoration project. It has its fair share of issues/problems and I was wondering if anyone knew whare I could get parts for it or someone selling one for scrap. I will post my befor pictures tom if I learn how to lol

hello, i have a transmission, transfer case, axels, tires and rims, ill sell for real cheap

Komatsu 150

Yea that's the bumper originally painted blue I think. As far as I know the batteries were open. The parts book doesn't have a picture of the battery box, just a parts listing but no cover. I made some wood covers after we had an exciting little incident with another machine. I've attached the page that corresponds to the picture I put up before, although I doubt the parts numbers will do you any good. I have the parts book and service manual digitized so if you need any pages I can send them. Unfortunately the files are too big to e-mail complete.

Dillpics

Thanks for the list. And I think I will cover them also for safty reasons.I have noticed that some have the hubs and rims painted blue but I do not like that color schem at all I will paint mine all orange. And thanks in advance for the help you will provide me in the future komatsu150 you have been a great help!

Komatsu 150

When I painted ours years ago I used a generic yellow for the machine but I did buy decals and the blue paint from Michigan. The wheels were supposed to be yellow and just the hubs blue and I think the bumpers. That blue paint was almost indestructible, must have been loaded with lead.

Dillpics

Well komatsu I talked to a guy that is local and he has two 75a's and I think I'm gonna buy them both. So I guess I'm gonna start my own fleet of 75s. If its alright with you I would like your help to get both of them up and running also. One has a blown motor and the other has drive line issues. Then again I might just fix two and have one for parts. I have not seen eather so I do not know the condition they are in.