• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MF50 stabiliser ram leakdown

joe--h

One will not stay up for more than a few minutes, other is overnight drop.
According to the repair manual there's a ball & seat in the valve assy on the ram.

I can't find a repair kit & nothing more than o-rings listed in the parts book or on the AGCO site. pics from repair manual and red lines to what I'm thinking should be replaced, the balls and the seats.

Nothing in the parts book shows these pieces, just a couple O-rings.

Do I have to buy the whole 1605965M92 VALVE to fix this? Can't find that either, lot of sites have the number but unable to find any that actually have one or even a price.

Joe H

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    892.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • ram 2.jpg
    ram 2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 12

joe--h

If by that you mean have I resealed the cylinders, no I have not. As they aren't leaking at all I'd rather start with the valve blocks than pull the cylinders apart.
And if I have them apart I'd go through those valve blocks while I'm there, but no parts show as available.
Joe H

Welder Dave

Cylinder piston seals are the problem 95%+ of the time. They are bypassing internally not externally so you won't see any oil leaking. Don't touch the valve unless you have to. At least not until after you're replaced all the cylinder seals. Does the cylinder to seem to lack power lifting the machine? Would bet money it's the cylinder seals and not the valve. A seal house should be able to match the seals if you can't find OEM.

joe--h

No problem with lifting it, just bleed off over time. And yes, it could be the piston seals but if I'm going to take it apart I want the ball & seats so I'm not in it twice.

Tinkerer

Why not open the valve up and inspect the balls and seats ?
Chances are you may not need them.
Usually if the parts are not listed separately they come only in a complete assembly.
I would be amazed if you can find new ones.

Welder Dave

Do the cylinder seals and only go into the valve if that doesn't solve the problem. It's not like you have to take the valve apart to get at the cylinder. The stabilizer cylinder is right out in the open.

joe--h

Actually I can't even find the cylinder seals on line, the number comes up with a bunch of hits but none of them seem to actually have it. Which means take it apart & send the seals off to get matched.
Closest local source is 100 miles away & I've never dealt with them. Mailing them off means a couple weeks down time and I'm using it now and the nest few months.
Think living with it is the answer for now, should have taken care of it when it wasn't needed. Kick self in ass and press on.
Joe H

csthompson12

I have had this issue numerous times . Cylinders drifting down, slow and fast. It has always been the piston seals on the ram. I just had a real bad one on a loader that when you pulled the lever to raise the loader, the loader would actually start dropping. I thought for sure this could be a valve issue, but installed new cylinder seals and it fixed it..

joe--h

OK, I'll go with the voice of experience & send them off to Hercules when I'm not using it. They done me good before, it's the entrusting them to the post office that's the worry there.

Joe H

joe--h

Ha Ha, I mean the seals. I've sent them seals before and been successful.