• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Merlo R40.16 telehandler help

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
Hi all, i need help with a Merlo R40.16 telehandler this Merlo brand is new to me and I would appreciate any help that is offered
Ideally i would like a copy of the service manual or an electrical schematic
the machine has lost drive in normal operation but using the emergency switch will enable you to select drive options
Any help where to start would be most appreciated
Mark

Txhayseed

We had several Merlin in our fleet once. One of the first companies in Texas to have them. What where you doing before this happened. For merlo you absolutely have to have there computer system to reset or check anything. That was our biggest issue with them and led us to move away from them. They are sensor heavy and sensor sensitive. They are very easy to push outside there working envelope and shut you down until you plug in and reset. Luckily the US support is very good. Give them a call and you can get the manuals from them. Highly unlikely you will find it online in English anyway.

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
Thanks for your input. the machine is on hold at the moment as other commitments take priority
Mark