• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Here in BC from what I was told they were very common as trucks were loaded from a Jammer , very few log loader in the interior in the late 40's and early 50's Trucks had winch to load trailers and unload.

Hank R

Occupation
I am most likely wrong but I thought the Loadstar series had a 1 piece fiberglass hood. the one I drove in the 70's did 1700 series but I have been wrong most of my life or over half of it.

I just did the google thing and I am wrong again so no beer for me tonight.

Truck Shop

Been along time since I've seen a chained dolly, with ABS brake systems that really became a thing of the past. Nice photos Hank, I really like old black and white photos.

Truck Shop

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Wish I could find one don't care if running in almost ANY old chassis the owner doesn't want thousands for. Everybody thinks they have a collector piece even as does not run, glass broken, missing parts Many with NO TITLE, when is just a cab and maybe chassis to mod out to a Rat Rod or Franken Truck.

Hank R

Occupation
I really messed up a bit I should of started with some Federal pictures as they were the first trucking for the Ganton boys. Now trying to get a proper order for the next batch .

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Wish I could find one don't care if running in almost ANY old chassis the owner doesn't want thousands for. Everybody thinks they have a collector piece even as does not run, glass broken, missing parts Many with NO TITLE, when is just a cab and maybe chassis to mod out to a Rat Rod or Franken Truck.
Yup, that Fire truck would be a good home for an 8.3L Cummins with an Allison built up to pull a 5th wheel camper for me. :D

Mother Deuce

Truck Shop and RZ, I shot this back in 11'Out to Pasture full 2.jpg a little east of Cle Elum off the old Highway if my foggy memory RAM is up to speed. I was just curious if either one of you guy's or maybe John knew anything about this unit. It still has it's "Flying A" door sign as well as the tank.

Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce

Thanks Truck Shop, I was curious if you knew that one. I have a friend here that is a big Acar fan and had me print it for his office. I didn’t know if it was a Wenatchee/Eburg regular or not.