1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Discussion in 'Old Iron!' started by Truck Shop, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic
    I’m in. Just the excuse I need! Miller knows exactly how I feel! Haha

Mother Deuce, Labparamour and DMiller like this.
  2. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

That's not a bad idea PP, the wife and I have already made a down payment on a retirement spot called Prune Villa.

Truck Shop

Mother Deuce, Labparamour and DMiller like this.
  3. Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce Well-Known Member

LOL We all ready have our Prune Villa. I am suffering from 40 years of fun in our business (wish I would have opted out of the hard rock rippin' with the 9's and 10's Oddly enough I feel much like Mr. Miller at 0300 when reveille sounds) and while the spirit is still willing the rest of me is seemingly becoming less than thrilled :) I may have to sell our Prune Villa and invest in Raisin Villa AZ. Besides that if we all quit at once wouldn't the whole party just grind to halt?

4. JPV

JPV Well-Known Member

This forum would get awful boring, I guess I will keep at it. Misery loves company, must be why I am here so often!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  5. Raildudes dad

Raildudes dad Well-Known Member

Woah, time out here. What's this talk about quitting:eek: ???? Some of us are on and some (like me:)) are getting ready to collect Social Security. You young guys have to keep working :D:D
    (all typed in fun :p)

6. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    I am already in the Pasture so to speak, keep monkeying around with machines and trying to aid a few on the older crap I can somewhat remember. Old sneaky tricks, some easier tests to trim down possible causes but I am retired and enjoying a little easier life than once led. Can pick my battles, my time lines and my poisons as to someone else's machines to do a little work on.

Can really and truly feel for ya MD, I am usually up and moving at 3-3:30, dogs will wake me at 4-4:30 if I manage a good night. The four mugs of coffee I take empty my 10 cup pot, are days I work on a second pot before water thru the day until late afternoon then maybe a beer or two. I will take a heavy shot of a Good whiskey one or two days in a week maybe three to four days a month. Bad days and in pain the bottle sits on the counter until I get a little analgesic sedative action working. New Neighbor is thinking of asking me(from his brother) as to tearing out some concrete pads, doing some grade re-slope and maybe digging a foundation hole for a new home. Has as yet not done so. May be trying to get into electrical work with a local contractor, I can do barn and shed jobs the others may not want to get involved with. A few lights, some outlets, maybe changing from a old fuse or obsolete breaker panel to a better newer unit, running a little romex. I am pretty well done with heavy work beyond my own.

Mother Deuce, Labparamour and RZucker like this.
  7. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

At the precise time a guy turns 66 he starts calling pancakes-hotcakes, starts collecting reflectors to put on the mud flaps on his pickup and starts worrying about if he
    has enough firewood to make it through winter and all he has is gas or electric heat no Blase King stove.:rolleyes:

Truck Shop

8. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    I don't have mudflaps on the pickup... yet.

Mother Deuce and DMiller like this.
  9. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Me either!! yet. No wood stoves but four chainsaws AND a three point splitter!

RZucker, Mother Deuce and Truck Shop like this.
  10. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

Well if the two of you don't have your mud flaps yet you are running way behind on your old guy stuff, better get cracking time fly's at this age.

Truck Shop

RZucker, Mother Deuce and DMiller like this.
  11. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Old truck too rusty, not sure could find enough steel to actually place hangers!! Maybe when I get a replacement can happen on it.

RZucker and Mother Deuce like this.
  12. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic
    Yosemite Sam “Back Off”.......

13. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

quitters are spitters………………...oh wait, how does that go again?

mg2361 likes this.
  14. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Well I don't even have a truck but do have two wood stoves and a tow behind splitter. Guess I could put a mudflap on one of the Harleys!

OH! I do have enough wood cut, split and stacked for at least two years!

RZucker, Truck Shop, DMiller and 2 others like this.
  15. Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce Well-Known Member

Truck Shop if you see any of those short "Peerless" flaps with the roadrunner for a pickup let me know! Cause they are the ones I want to put my reflectors on! (Last time I looked Six Robblees didn't have them anymore... but that was probably in 99 LOL!)

RZucker, Truck Shop and DMiller like this.
  16. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

If I see some Peerless flaps like that I will let you know MD. There's a bunch of things Six Robbers don't have anymore.

Truck Shop

DMiller likes this.