• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Old Doug

Dad back in the 70s bought trucks from Guys . He also bought and sold about every thing manly building supplys. This Rig didnt have a engine and would later be sold for storage . The first house on this farm was on a hill with the barn and his story building at the bottom of the hill by the road. Then up past the house was a place he parked trucks to be sold. For some resone this rig ended up at the house and was loaded with house doors. He thought we would push it backwards then turn it around coast it down the hill and unload the doors. So me brother and Dad pushed it back by hand but things went bad and it ended up in the basement drive. The load almost broke the rear doors off when it hit the ground.IMG_20221124_075022.jpg

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
I wondered what would happen to the steeror if a tire blowed?
Kevin told me he was glad to be sitting on the other side of that steer car. Only road noise and then boom. scared the sh__ out of him. He will never forget that trip... picture says it all.
12.jpg

Old Doug

Kevin told me he was glad to be sitting on the other side of that steer car. Only road noise and then boom. scared the sh__ out of him. He will never forget that trip... picture says it all.
View attachment 273427
I was standing alog the highway when a truck in the other lane blowed a trailer tire . I coudnt believe the sound and the shower of rubber.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Can relate Doug, watched a Pacing car to a semi, trailer had a blowout, car swerved into median, sounded like a cannon! Not quite as fun or funny as a pacing car to a Pot Bullrack, Summer time, Convertible with top down and evidently a cow or calf inside had scour had also backed up to a side port on trailer where shot Sh!t across the car windshield like a fire hose. I almost wrecked as was laughing so hard, Sh!t IN Car, on W.S, driver took next exit and was hurling.

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Back in the mid 70's Stop and go Traffic, I was in my Jeep in Calgary near the stock yards, a cattle liner middle lane I stayed in right lane left a large opening. A Trans Am with T top roof off cut in front of me top was open and some old cow on top shelf of trailer let go with 10 gallons of pea and I laughed hard and blew my horn will never forget that sight.