• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Truck Shop

One of ours I brought back yesterday {totaled} knocked the engine back 12"plus inches. Freezing fog
and rain near La Grande Ore on Thursday morning. He was down to 15 mph when he impacted the ass
end of a flatbed.
And two brand new waiting on the sidelines, except for graphics, ready to go.

100_1811.JPG 100_1812.JPG 100_1810.JPG

Truck Shop

At least you got spares. How long between ordering the new truck, and it hitting the road? Does freightliner put the drop axle on it for you on the line, at the dealer, or is that aftermarket?

Right now 4 to 5 month wait which is pretty fast, because it was taking so long a year plus ago many cancelled
their orders. The trucks we buy are spec'ed with drop axle from factory, which is something I put unto play
about 15 plus years ago. I wanted them produced with proper valving and air line routing plus I wanted them
factory Huck Riveted incorporating a crossmember at the junction. With controls and gauge built into dash
instead of a after thought. Way less problems doing it that way plus the price if drop axle and with factory
installation costs about $1,400 less. It has to go through the design department and if there is problems
it's covered under warranty to 250K. When ordering a trucks it's always best to receive it ready to go, never
going to save money trying to do add on's.

When they arrive-I have to install dash cams, e-logs, air hoses for trailer, go over the service/grease and
check all fluids, set tire psi, make sure everything operates as should. The last 16 tractors came with drum
brakes {also because of my requests}--But all of those were adjusted incorrectly from the factory, only
3/8" stroke, I had to readjust everyone to 1 1/4". Can't just assume because it's new everything is right.