• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

crane operator

If you can't read the fine print- here it is-

And don't ask about the title- you don't need to know:rolleyes:

Seller's Description
1990 peterbilt 379 If it’s listed it’s available. First come first serve , I will not hold for anyone. For sale as a parts truck as is NO TITLE ( and no I will not get you one)do not ask what the story is on title. I will not respond. If you want a titled truck I’ll get a title and sell it for 30k. No Leins on truck end of story. Runs good Detroit series 60 12.7 15 Eaton transmission Starts and drives with new drive tires low pro 24.5 with only 50 miles on them $15,000 firm

Truck Shop

Sounds like a heel of a deal. Add another drive axle {tridem-didn't like-um}, 4 drop axles, 20lb steer,
1" thick frame rails, 8" side pipes, 750 hp, attachments for tag trailer and fifthwheel, and a 30' dump
box. Should be good for a major contractor right down to a land scaping business. Add a crane to the
front bumper and load your excavators, skid steers and toro dingos right in the box. Mount all the service
truck goodies like tool boxes, welders and torches on top of the cab guard. A all in one for $15,000.

emmett518

Whenever some narcissistic ad orders me around, it’s fun to do the opposite.

Or maybe he WANTS me to ask about the title. Reverse psychology.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Easy Peasy, get a s/n, call MSHP and request if Stolen, if not turn in for NOT registering the vehicle then trying to sell it to avoid the fine!!! Illegal in MO to sell a machine without Title if still registered in another's name. Scrappers avoid taking ANY complete licensable machines if no title in hand and squirm over bodies without ID numbers on them unless have a shredder.

Old Doug

If you can't read the fine print- here it is-

And don't ask about the title- you don't need to know:rolleyes:

Seller's Description
1990 peterbilt 379 If it’s listed it’s available. First come first serve , I will not hold for anyone. For sale as a parts truck as is NO TITLE ( and no I will not get you one)do not ask what the story is on title. I will not respond. If you want a titled truck I’ll get a title and sell it for 30k. No Leins on truck end of story. Runs good Detroit series 60 12.7 15 Eaton transmission Starts and drives with new drive tires low pro 24.5 with only 50 miles on them $15,000 firm
Why would anyone try to sell it without a title . I cant imagine maybe something happen and he is sick of the truck and he dosent want it on the road agin.I learned my lesson i bought a car for the engine from a dealer he was getting the title in his name i told him to trash it nothing special some guys wanted to by it i told him there was no title. He later resold it and it changed hands and every time i would get a call asking about the title.

56wrench

Can you still get parts for a KTA? I assume if you can, they will be very expensive. The old Steiger Tigers and Versatiles with the KTA engines still bring pretty good money that I have seen.

Truck Shop

The KTA is now the QSK. A friend has a couple in a boat and they
look almost identical to the original KTA engines.

It is in many ways the same but still only configured for off road industrial use. Parts are expensive as all
get out-Cam followers were $2,500 to 3,000 each. A total rebuild runs roughly $50,000 and up.