• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Truck Shop

How may pen illustrations Do you have? Have you thought about some sort if book

I did at one time think along those lines. I have about 75 IIRC, not all down loaded. Only ones I show are
the best ones. The rest are ok but just not willing to display them. I have round filed many that just didn't
start correctly or I wasn't enthused with. Books cost a lot and there is only a small number of people who
would spend money on such a thing. I had a website some years back, it never produced anything that
amounted to much. I had adds in ATHS Wheels of Time, a total waste of money. I got stiffed by several
people wanting personals and most that asked said it was too much money. For the time it takes or took
to complete one I end up working for about $3.00 an hour. People want instant gratification it's just a fact,
they want color and have a I-phone so really my art work is pretty worthless to many.

Going back to many discussions on HEF about the shortage of tradesman and people with no skills to
speak of, what I do with pen and paper is pretty much a lost art. Illustrators are about extinct, any need
for illustrations can be done on a computer in a fraction of the time. So there is not much call for work
like mine anymore. Sure I guess some people look but they loose attention very quickly mainly because
their I-phone summoned them. I'm not counting my self down it's just reality.

My sister is another who has great skill and ability on the art side. She worked in a framing shop, mating
and framing photos and some very expensive art work {by notable artist}. But she is magnificent a piano
player. Truly can play anything very well but her ability to play boogie woogie is tops. She can play with
the best of the best--but she doesn't she keeps it to herself.

Last edited:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
As to the Butane Mack/Hall Scott, seems what has gone around comes back around as all the heavy industries try compressed gases yet again.. UPS, HOGAN, PTI and numerous others on the roads around here, Fuel Cells mounted behind the cabs, saddle tanks even on UP RR saw a pair of 'Dual Fuel' Locomotives with a CNG tank in between. And then the 1930s 1940s gaseous trucks and cars and tractors photos are still out there, nearly 100 years and still rolls back to front center.

mekanik

I found this old newspaper clipping in a shop in Prince Rupert.
9xbv5WN.jpg

terex herder

The Bigge photo is a coincidence, they have been at it a long time. I just read an OSHA report about the 500 ton stator they dropped in a Arkansas nuke plant a few years ago.

In C.O.'s picture of the '78 KW, what is the housing with the air pot on the side of the power divider?

Old Doug

As to the Butane Mack/Hall Scott, seems what has gone around comes back around as all the heavy industries try compressed gases yet again.. UPS, HOGAN, PTI and numerous others on the roads around here, Fuel Cells mounted behind the cabs, saddle tanks even on UP RR saw a pair of 'Dual Fuel' Locomotives with a CNG tank in between. And then the 1930s 1940s gaseous trucks and cars and tractors photos are still out there, nearly 100 years and still rolls back to front center.
I got a letter in the mail that the alternative fuel permit was going way up next year. This has made me think more and more about switching my truck back to gas. If they want you to use clean fuels LP,natural, or electric they shouldnt make you buy a permit they should give you a permit and a tee shirt. I am ether going back to gas or figure out how not to use this truck for half a year so it will be prorated.

Truck Shop

Correct DM CNG engines are making a return, history repeats it's self. One big reason no emission equipment.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
My first house, NOT the Mobeel Homes I lived in, was $69k, 3BR 1 & 3/4 bath, had it to payoff where when sold received $149k and just 15 years later. Second house caught us in a Stagnated market just broke even after 11 years. Current property land price has nearly doubled and house has appraised for 1/4 more than have in it. Grandmother's house, built by Grandfather in '36 for $12,000 total of loan including interest, was sold in 2004 for $67k needing work, flipper rehabbed and sold it for $112k,

Old Doug

We have a house that we hope to sell this spring. It hasnt be lived in for several years and hasnt had much done to it other than siding. It needs new roofing and a total remodel. I dont know just how far to go on it but i think a new roof would payoff.