• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

skyking1

I can smell those bull racks all the way above the 60. I finally got my smeller back after getting over the coof.
The coof eh?
Mirriam Webster on coof:
Definition of coof

chiefly Scottish
: a stupid fellow : DOLT, LOUT

But wait, there's more!

urban dictionary, drop down a few definitions and you find:
"To Coof is to take capsules, most commonly drugs through the penis. It is unexpectably the safest and best way to take caps as it avoids the liver and enhances the effects."
It predates the virus by a year or two. Now THAT's a sick burn, ouch!

:D

59 North

Here is a 10,500 gallon blast from the past. MC306 spec Beall Trans-Liner. Test date June 1981. I did a inspection on it yesterday. No, it didn’t pass. . View attachment 246840View attachment 246841
Being that vintage, I would guess its been on the Haul road a time or two, (three?). Ha!
If I recall correctly, that was a fairly common unit up here for quite some time.

Truck Shop

A Kenworth like the one below is what I'm working on to buy. Very similar except it has a water tank on the back. Owned by the state setting at
the state pen here in town. A friend/neighbor down the street worked at the pen for years and knew who to contact. I really don't want a cabover
I want the Cat power that's in it and gearbox plus rear drives for this KW. Plus the fuel tanks and what ever else. I drove enough cabovers years ago.
Funny the state owning a 60 year old vehicle.

R.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Slipped on a old CO freightliner getting out
Ended up snagging L arm fell and got to see my arm reversed will pointed straight up, not a good day. Shop foreman had seen before and popped it back over, pissed myself.
Almost did it again on my K100 in 80.
Been seeing a old Marmon COE dragging a hopper bottom last couple days, belongs to a farm at Mexico MO, old 350 BC2 in it, know that as worked on it in 95, same family still has it.
Seeing more reprobate COEs since beginning of summer. Mostly Pete and Corn Queen here.
Farmers bought them cheap as Conventionals got popular