• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

skyking1

The term bull wagon was used because it sounded tougher than calling it a cattle truck, you can't drive a bull wagon unless you have
the proper attire. George Straight cut jeans, pearl snaps and yoked shirt, boots with chrome pointy toes, kerchief and a high crown hat
with Stampede Strings.
you paint a pretty picture Mike. I can see this guy now.

Crummy

Buuuuuul Hauler! 24.5 Tall Rubber (because only girls run 22.5), straight smoke poles with bull hauler cut, if it came with 5 lights add another 15-20, 9,467hp Catummins tuned by a guy in a bunker in Tennessee that knows everything about Catummins, CB tuned by a shop in a bunker in Texas that you can talk to guys on Jupiter if the skip is in.

skyking1

HAHA a dirty radio that blasts out on every band!
We had an old alarm clock radio that did the trick, but one night some ass with a really dirty CB somehow brought it to life. We leapt up, with trucker talk blasting out of this *Turned OFF* radio!
I thought it was a fluke until the next night, same time, same trucker. It went in the trash.

Bluox

The term bull wagon was used because it sounded tougher than calling it a cattle truck, you can't drive a bull wagon unless you have
the proper attire. George Straight cut jeans, pearl snaps and yoked shirt, boots with chrome pointy toes, kerchief and a high crown hat
with Stampede Strings.
Ya forgot the 5 buckle overshoes so ya don't get cowshit on your Tony Adidas.
Bob

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
This reminds me that I need to head over to RMBH on the Tube and see if they have any new bull hauling videos.

Sad news, the last local commercial Grade A Dairy has ceased operations. Havemeister Dairy. The owner died and the kids don’t want it. The herd is getting split up. Not sure where they will find a bull rack to haul the critters. Do you have the phone number of the Dude with the $hit covered 5-buckle overshoes?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Worked on enough of them to know the ONLY clean on them(Bull Rack Trucks) is the Outside, Drivers carry the Sh!t in on shoes and most never clean the floors. One even told me "Smells Like Money".

Reactions: mks

56wrench

I have a cousin who has hauled cows most of his life and his equipment is spotless inside and out. He owns his own truck and pulls liners for a long-time friend's company. He changes in and out of coveralls and rubber boots and keeps the crap out of his truck. NO he does not dress or act like some of the stereotype livestock truckers

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Log trucks around here use those same stacks, but maybe that's because the log haulers and bull haulers are usually the same people. Many/most bullracks around here have the log truck headache rack on the tractor, guess they switch them back and forth.

Old Doug

I can smell those bull racks all the way above the 60. I finally got my smeller back after getting over the coof.
Every time i see a bull rack that smell comes to mind. Its not even close to the worst thing to smell that is haul by truck.

Truck Shop

I have finally reached the point I have to say something that has been a total trucker
Bull Sh!t/lie for years and years. {There is no such thing as a Double Over 15 Speed}
The only double over drives were 13 speeds starting with the RTOO 9513 and ending
with the RTOO 14613. Those gear boxes had a direct of .73 and a overdrive of .62 in
top gear.
The RTO 15 speeds only had .78 or .79 or .81 in top gear. What was common was that
the OTR's that ran those used a rear drive ratio of 3.70-3.55 or 3.42 or 3.36 which gave
top gear a big drop combined with .78.

Read the 13spd and 15spd chart below. I have rebuilt I don't know how many RTO 15's
and the part numbers were always the same. No such thing as a RTOO 15 spd.

http://www.roadranger.com/rr/ProductsServices/ProductsbyCategory/Transmissions/PCT_486870