• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Crummy

So the guy running around here in the Dodge 5.9 dually with twin smoke poles isn't gaining anything? Say it aint so.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Too stupid to drive per conditions, steady in it as know they have this controlled.
Just keep stacking them in.

Herders

56wrench

when i'm driving in those conditions, i'm most worried about being run into from behind by idiots not driving to the conditions

Truck Shop

It looked like one of the drivers near the back was smart enough to just drive into the ditch to avoid the domino effect. Needing a tow is better than needing a new truck and trailer.

He's lucky there wasn't a water bar in the median-Winched out a WSP from a 5' deep water bar in a median along I-90. He was flipping a U- turn in the median to chase down a west bound speeder.
Totally caved the nose in of the 88 Mustang pursuit car he was driving.

dieseldog5.9

I just bought a set of twin air cleaners for the 81 star, and will be removing single and going to twice pipes, I also have 16 ape hangers and twice pipes on the road king classic, no radio, no gps, no cup holder, but have duel exhaust, just because.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
05 KW here is most likely going single stack
Has twin air and mounts for duals but see no need
Last two rides 03 RK std true duals 88ci Delphi FI rode well lost torque notably on duals sold with both exhausts sets and new owner went back to split duals
12 RGU 103ci later better closed loop FI better mileage better torque decatted head pipe made virtually no performance difference just less right cheek cooking looking to change up to single discharge for better performance, gave up on noise as going deaf and the cagers do not see nor hear bikes regardless the stories.
Cannot do apes shoulders won’t go there enjoy comfort and less drama these days fading into the general crowd.

Truck Shop

Depending on how many twists and turns in he exhaust with twin straight stacks can cause a flutter in the
exhaust at idle. Some later engines are 4" off the turbo then go to 5".