• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

crane operator

What on earth is that transmission?
Trans is far from the goofiest thing on that truck. I don't know that I've seen headache mounted floating mirrors. Or a center cab roof mount single air horn. Or a bull grill set quite that far away from the hood. I think you can tilt the hood without moving the bull guard. Also has hood exhaust coming out in front of the cab.

And the colors, oh the colors. Its like a clown car....

Truck Shop

Trans is far from the goofiest thing on that truck. I don't know that I've seen headache mounted floating mirrors. Or a center cab roof mount single air horn. Or a bull grill set quite that far away from the hood. I think you can tilt the hood without moving the bull guard. Also has hood exhaust coming out in front of the cab.

And the colors, oh the colors. Its like a clown car....

Which comes down to the mechanics ability and makes you wonder when you see that pull up.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
This guy had to have been Colorblind!!

Not certain that Aluminum Frame work would do all that great supporting said Beam with weight on it.

Old Doug

Average ratio in low in a 13sp is 12.30, average low in a 15sp is 15.40. And that depends on whether it is a direct or overdrive transmission.
We hauled the loads in with a OD 15. If the trailer was dropped we spotted with a direct 15. OD was behind a 3406 direct was behind a 671 turbo 238hp.

dieseldog5.9

That is not a 79 dashboard, but it does have the short doors for a 79. The seats look to be a custom job, for a fire department as the leather has a fire fighter symbol embosed in them, could it be a retired fire truck?

I would love to get ahold of those seats for my 81 star.

Truck Shop

A friend from years ago was working the haul road in Alaska on the pipeline, he had a W900A extended hood with a 60" flat top sleeper and 3408 that caught fire in Fairbanks.
Burned down to nothing-just bowed frame and hard parts.