1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Discussion in 'Old Iron!' started by Truck Shop, Feb 27, 2017.

1. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    Looking at the pics again, that does look like a Hyster 20T tilt, but it looks to me like the tail has been cut back for some odd reason. Probably has lost about 3-4 feet. That bumper on the back of the deck looks all wrong.

DMiller likes this.
  2. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    That was what threw me
    Knew of two small excavation companies both had 20t Hysters they transported small crawler or a TLB on.
    The others I noted, precast also had Hyster model tilt decks to roll pipe off but were like this one.

RZucker likes this.
  3. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

Excavation company I worked for years ago used a Hyster 20 ton to move 215's on at times normally a three axle Trail King was used.

RZucker and DMiller like this.
  4. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    The tail is the Key, ramp off covers over lighting, appear Machine made not fabricobbled to fit, typical of trailers for Heavy mobile materials.

DB2 likes this.
  5. Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce Senior Member

Was kind of at a loss where to put this old girl with the picture thread now. 53 Chev 6400 in Guffey Colorado. Looked like they were getting ready to put her to work for a bit.
    Guffey Chev Wood Hauler.jpg

6. Mother Deuce

Mother Deuce Senior Member

Geez Fedderly Marion! In the Issaquah yard? I had buddy there Bruce that was there till he started his own gig. Your image is certainly one of the better looking horses "Don't blow the socks off the silo" LOL! I been that way a little myself

7. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Socks off the Silo!! Saw that happen at Siemer Milling Teutopolis IL(Gold Medal Flour producer). Driver was trying to unplug a discharge line he got careless with while unloading, seems forgot to depressurize some part of the system before reinstating the discharge and Yes, Shot the Socks on the Discharge filter system into the parking lot!!! Guys at Kienstra Ready Mix were always forgetting to back flow the filter head, would stuff the socks full and they too would launch, one maintenance mechanic would look out, say: "Yep, time to clean the filter house again"!!

8. colson04

colson04 Senior Member

Had a bulk truck filling a cement silo at a wellsite one night. We're drilling along, all the usual noises, and suddenly heard this massive bang! followed by a cloud of dust from the backside of the rig. He didn't blow the bag off, he blew the bag up! Straight up exploded, sending cement dust everywhere. Guy looked like a ghost, his bright red coveralls now a dull grey/white. He was standing right next to it when it went.

DMiller, JPV, RZucker and 1 other person like this.
  9. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Is almost funny but also dangerous when the Fluffer pad/bottom hatch gasket at the bottom of a hopper decides had enough for the day and blows out, usually around the time someone has a need to check the discharge valve there. The clouds from Flour or Cement even from sugar or starch can overwhelm a operator.

Labparamour and Mother Deuce like this.