• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Back in the day those little trucks had a pretty good grain hauling gig, 2 loads a day, mostly downhill loaded in good weather. With a set of light grain doubles they could net around 34 tons running at 92,000 gross. They could make a few bucks when I could find decent drivers.
I had one driver that would rustle up local hay loads in the off season too. He would rent a set of 32' flat doubles for that one.

Mother Deuce

Those Fords weren't a bad truck. I would rate them higher than the GMC Generals.
LOL RZ! As a past member of General’s Owners Club if you had a good running 5 ton with one of those giant Hall Scott’s or equally enormous Continental gas engines you were better off than I was! Plus if you had a weed burner exhaust you could set fire to a bush anywhere and have hot lunch and a campfire.

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
In the first picture the Australia truck are those fenders how they came as I have not seen them before but I have not seen many Diamond Reo trucks.

Truck Shop

In the first picture the Australia truck are those fenders how they came as I have not seen them before but I have not seen many Diamond Reo trucks.

I have seen one before with the constructed fenders some years ago, it had a rotary well drilling rig mounted on it. But I don't think that the fenders were made from diamond plate.